cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newsletter in CMS Page Not Working?

SOLVED

Newsletter in CMS Page Not Working?

I'm trying to create and set up a "newsletter subscription page" via a new CMS page. The newsletter form in my site's footer works, and so I decided to just reuse that. After looking up on how to add the code to the CMS based on what other people have done, I've come across two code versions:

{{block type="core/template" template="newsletter/subscribe.phtml"}}
{{block type='newsletter/subscribe' name='newsletter'  template='newsletter/subscribe.phtml'}}

Unsure of which to add, both codes are placed in the CMS. After saving and flushing caches, both doesn't seem to work. The "newsletter/subscribe" code doesn't show up at all in the frontendl; it doesn't even show in the browser's page source code. The "core/template" code shows up in the frontend, but doesn't function. The "core/template" code is almost exactly the same as the one in the footer except that the form tag is missing the action code.

<div id="subscribe-form" class="clearer">
    <form action="" method="post" id="newsletter-validate-detail">
        <div>
            <label for="newsletter">Newsletter</label>
            <div class="input-box">
                <input name="email" id="newsletter" title="Sign up for our newsletter" class="input-text required-entry validate-email" type="text">
            </div>
            <button type="submit" title="Subscribe" class="button btn-inline"><span><span>Subscribe</span></span></button>
        </div>
    </form>
</div>

Does anyone have any insight to what I could be doing wrong? Any help is appreciated. I'm relatively new to Magento. I have version 1.9.2.4 and running on the Ultimo theme.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Newsletter in CMS Page Not Working?

You should try to use block "newsletter/subscriber" but check in System > Permissions > Blocks and see if that block is allowed to show in frontend. If not, just add it and try again. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You should try to use block "newsletter/subscriber" but check in System > Permissions > Blocks and see if that block is allowed to show in frontend. If not, just add it and try again. 

The block wasn't part of my block permissions, so you are correct there. After adding it, the form did show up and function properly.

Just an FYI, the block name must exactly match. What you had was "newsletter/subscriber" when it should have been "newsletter/subscribe" without the last "r", which took me a while to figure out. Smiley Very Happy

Yeah, I typed it wrong. So sorry for this Smiley Tongue