cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paging Links Disappeared on Layered Nav Pages {Pager block is there though)

Paging Links Disappeared on Layered Nav Pages {Pager block is there though)

I was installing a new theme and noticed the paging section was not displaying on Layered Nav Pages (the pager block was there but for example if the limit was 25 pages, it would show the total 100 pages with no paging links) - the original theme was working fine.

Later in the day, the original theme stopping displaying the links also.

I verified that no changes had been made to any of the files in the original theme directory/subdirectory - all were still showing as original install date. Cleared and turned off caching etc

I checked the catalog.xml files in both and all seemed ok and matched (pager section was included and the limiter section commented out).

The paging links display fine on pages without layered nav (ie product sitemap and some custom pages without layered nav but category and search pages and (custom page with layed nav) do not .. so the common denominator seems the be layered nav.

Any help on where to look for the cause of this issue?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Paging Links Disappeared on Layered Nav Pages {Pager block is there though)

@pkoutrakis

Follow these screenshots for Pagination Settings:

You can change them under the

System -> configuration -> General -> Design -> pagination..

Configuration > System > Catalog > Frontend

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Thanks, but I had checked them before and they appeared ok - even tried bypassing by using the xml files.

The pager block appears everywhere as expected - the issue is the "page ## of ##" section of the pager block doesn't show up on the category pages (layered nav) - it appears on the site map and special pages that don't use layered nav. (removed layered nav via catalog.xml - no change, still same issue)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

(1) Did some more digging and not sure if this helps - might be where the fault is:

It seems like it's breaking/bypassing in app/design/frontend/default/THEME/template/catalog/product/list/toolbar.phtml

It doesn't seem to recognize the getLastPageNum() as being more than 1 and goes to the 'else' statement

<?php if($this->getLastPageNum()>1): ?>
<?php echo $this->__('Items %s to %s of %s total', $this->getFirstNum(), $this->getLastNum(), $this->getTotalNum()) ?>
<?php else: ?>
<?php echo $this->__('%s Item(s)', $this->getTotalNum()) ?>
<?php endif; ?>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

(2) *** Doesn't seem to recognize the [isLimitCurrent] - not adding 'selected tag'  -should show "24", showing "12" instead

<?php foreach ($this->getAvailableLimit() as $_key=>$_limit): ?>
<option value="<?php echo $this->getLimitUrl($_key) ?>"<?php if($this->isLimitCurrent($_key)): ?> selected="selected"<?php endif ?>>
<?php echo $_limit ?>
</option>
<?php endforeach; ?>

FROM core_config_data table :

scope_id path value
catalog/frontend/grid_per_page 24
catalog/frontend/grid_per_page_values 12,24,36,48

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure where to proceed from here

Any Luck so far...?

My problem is similar, no 'arrows' (previous/next) in pager....