cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price change as drop downs are selected

Price change as drop downs are selected

Hello,

I am looking to make my product change price as a customer selects different options from the drop down selections, is there a streamline way to integrate this and not have to go back into every single config product and change something? 

Thanks,

Zack

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Price change as drop downs are selected

Hello.

You see, to make the price of configurable products change when options from configurable drop-downs are selected you need to put price markups using super attributes section of configurable product.

To streamline the operation and avoid editing each configurable product manually, you can use free fully-functional 14-day version of Store Manager for Magento application, as it supports export/import of superattribute prices, check the tutorial -

https://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/how-to/how-to-import-magento-super-attribute-price/

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

Right, use configurable procuts and you can set a differnt price for every "product", so when the customer selects one in the drop down the price changes.

You don't need the Store Manager for Magento!

@Store_Manager

You only want to sell (your product) Store Manager for Magento!

@AdamStaudler

Read carefully my reply. I have explained how default Magento works: the price of configurable product changes only if you have set up super attributes price mark-ups for each configurable product in "Associated Products" tab of edit product form (as the price of associated simple products is ignored if they are part of configurable)

I have mentioned Store Manager ONLY because it handles import of super attribute price mark-ups (as @VaultZackC mentioned in the post that he wants to streamline the process) and default Magento import/export does not allow this.

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

@

Read carefully my reply.

Sorry for my bad english!Smiley Embarassed

I've read your reply and i know how to create a configurable product with different pricesSmiley Wink, but i haven't understand your reply correctly.

My posting was only a little help for the TE, that's what I figured..

Your Screenshot is great for the TE!