cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Import all sudden errors on missing attributes

Product Import all sudden errors on missing attributes

I have been importing basic product updates to inventory fine... seemingly everything the same and it now shows..

• Required attribute 'name' has an empty value in rows: 
  • Required attribute 'weight' has an empty value in rows: 
  • Required attribute 'price' has an empty value in rows: 
  • Required attribute 'status' has an empty value in rows: 
  • Required attribute 'visibility' has an empty value in rows: 
  • Required attribute 'tax_class_id' has an empty value in rows: 
  • Orphan rows that will be skipped due default row errors in rows: 

I have never had those attributes in my import file and its worked fine. An earlier import file checks ok.  I am still saving the same using google docs... any thoughts?

Thanks

Mark

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Product Import all sudden errors on missing attributes

@mhoward

If your file contains parameters that are not set included in the system (because you have not yet created the specific attributes), then importing will fail and the process will get stuck during the data check. Thus such a process is needed by the system where the attributes contained in the CSV file are identical that the system holds. Default Magento import process is quite simple but you will get stuck if sequence followed during the process is not matching to the default pattern.

If you want to have an easy-to-use solution with several other custom options, then the free Magmi application may be the answer for you from my side. This is basically an external user platform which offers you a number of import/export functions that are originally not included in the Magento system.

-- Ravindra

Thanks Ravindra for reply... that's what weird.  The attributes below are what I have been using successfully.

sku	_store	_attribute_set	_type	_product_websites	qty	bin_location
JDI16CAMO	M	Kitchen & Dining	simple	base	13	D140   
	greencrazy			greencrazy		

Hi! 

This issue might be caused also by incorrect file formatting. Make sure that it is UTF-8 w/o bom. Also column headers should be identical to database names. Additionally Magento may complain on columns that are required for import. Here is the article with questions and errors occurring during import to give you more details. 

the attributeset assigned for the product that you are importing have attributes that are required. make sure your attribute set have the right attributes and if they should be required or not, if they should be required the product thats need to be imported should have the required data