cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Customer Password Magento 2 restful API

SOLVED

Reset Customer Password Magento 2 restful API

I would like to do a online shopping cart with full Magento restful API. I would like to ask if there is Magento 2 restful API function to change customer password after user click on the "reset password" link in their email.

Currently, most of the API required either admin or customer authentication but how can the customer login if they do not know their password and is trying to reset their password?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Reset Customer Password Magento 2 restful API

Hi @enivre1717,

Anonymous requests can be done through the REST Magento API to allow anyone with the customer ID/email and the REST URL to reset the password.

All you have to do is create a custom REST API method and allow anonymous access to that method.

Best regards.
Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @enivre1717,

Anonymous requests can be done through the REST Magento API to allow anyone with the customer ID/email and the REST URL to reset the password.

All you have to do is create a custom REST API method and allow anonymous access to that method.

Best regards.
Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

Thanks! Smiley Very Happy

post /V1/carts/mine/payment-information this API to place an order,but I can't understand the parameter po_number.`F_`FEZAFUNTH`9DL9{I934.png