cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict product quantity regardless of custom options

SOLVED

Restrict product quantity regardless of custom options

I have the issue that even if I restrict the maximum cart quantity for a product with custom options to 1, it still lets me add more than 1 if I choose different custom options for the product. How can I make it so the maximum quantity is always 1, no matter what custom options the customer selects?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Restrict product quantity regardless of custom options

You need to tweak the code,

find $qty > $this->getMaxSaleQty() in Mage_CatalogInventory_Model_Stock_Item, replace with $summaryQty > $this->getMaxSaleQty()

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Goto admin configuration, catalog >> Manage Products >> Select your product >> Inventory >> Maximum Qty Allowed in Shopping Cart. Here, Uncheck "Use Config Settings" add filed as "1" qty. Save Configuration and check frontend.

Let me know incase of any query/concerns regarding the same.

Query solved? Accept as Solution.Thanks
Eric Baily

Thanks AddWeb. Unfortunately that does not work. It is the same as if I use the config settings, where I set System > Configuration > Catalog > Inventory > Product Stock Options > Maximum Qty Allowed in Shopping Cart to "1".

It only prevents me from adding more than 1 product if I select exactly the same custom options for the second product. If one of the custom options is different , it still adds it to the cart. I would need it to not add the product if it is already in the cart, no matter what custom options are selected... I suppose I need to tweak the code somehow?

Does anyone know how I can do this?

There really should be an option in the Product Stock Options to ignore different custom options when determining whether the product is already in the cart...

@LordClick

Can you please elaborate the scenario you are looking towards.

Query solved? Accept as Solution.Thanks
Eric Baily

@AddWebSolution

I am looking to set the maximum quantity per product the customer can add to the cart to 1...

Right now, if I have a (virtual) product with custom options, even if I set the maximum quantity per product to 1 in the backend, I can still add more than 1 of the same product if I choose different custom options. It should not let me add the same product more than once, even if I choose different custom options...

You need to tweak the code,

find $qty > $this->getMaxSaleQty() in Mage_CatalogInventory_Model_Stock_Item, replace with $summaryQty > $this->getMaxSaleQty()

@KuafuSoft

That's brilliant! And so simple!

Thanks KuafuSoft, you made my day! Smiley Happy I accepted your answer as the solution.