cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show out of stock size swatches?

Show out of stock size swatches?

I'm currently running 1.9.2.2 and I'm utilizing the swatch feature for my product sizes. Simple products tied to a configurable product are set to go to out of stock when they reach qty of 2 or less. Once they get set as out of stock, it removes the size swatch from the configurable page.

Is there a way for it to show the sold out size, but like shaded in grey or crossed out? I found a solution on magento.stackexchange.com, however it was VERY slow. The page would load, then about 3-5 seconds later, it would cross out the sold out sizes.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Show out of stock size swatches?

Having the same issue and have tried everything I can think of.  It shows on some products and not on others even though all settings are the same.

As far as I know it doesn't just remove the swatch; it also removes product option. One way to leave product as an option even though it's out of stock is to enable backorders. 

Tanel Raja

Hello!

There is an option to cross out an out-of-stock simple item within a configurable one in this Color Swatches Pro extension.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

probably this extension will solve your issue, a little bit of customisation will be required to add swatches (which is a seperate extension by Fme), please check demo here,

https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/out-of-stock-notification-extension-subscription.htm...

Magento Extensions and Services Provider

Best Rated Extensions
Top Notch Support and Service