Did you mean: 

Show similar products based on attribute on product page

SOLVED

Show similar products based on attribute on product page

Hi all,

I created a custom attribute for products called: Sellerid

This can be shown on the product page by adding this code to view.phtml:

echo $_product->getSellerid() ;

How can I change this to a link that shows all products with the same  Sellerid? 

With the label: 'show all'. 

I'm using magento CE 1.9.1 with the default RWD theme.  

This can probably be done by creating a custom module, but I've never done that before.

I'd rather just put a couple of lines of code in the view.phtml of my template. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Show similar products based on attribute on product page

Hi Kuafasoft,

based on your last post I did some more searching and found a similar query on stackoverflow.

I tweaked your solution a bit and got a working query in a URL now!

Here is my final working code for anyone who needs it:

<a href="<?php echo $this->getUrl('catalogsearch/advanced/result', array('_query'=>'sellerid='.$_product->getSellerid()));?>"><?php echo $this->__('Show All');?></a>   

Not sure if I should mark my own reply as a solution, but I'll do it anyway! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Basically it seems that you want to show products of same seller into product view page. Do filter by seller Id into respected page.

$productCollection = Mage::getModel('catalog/product')->getCollection()
				 ->addAttributeToFilter('sellecr_id', <seller_id>)

All the best Smiley Happy

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.

HI Grav,

thanks for the effort! I tried to play around with your solution, but can't seem to get any results.

Actually I would like to have a link 'show all products' instead of showing the products itself on a product page.

(Basically an advanced catalog search result on a page)

But this could be good start! I removed the brackets at the end, because it caused an error + added an echo.:

Here is my current piece of code:

echo " <br>E-mail: ";
echo $_product->getEmail() ;

echo "<br>Seller ID: ";
echo $_product->getSellerid() ;

echo "<br>All products:";
echo $productCollection = Mage::getModel('catalog/product')->getCollection()->addAttributeToFilter('sellerid', sellerid);

Any help is much appreciated!

you can simply mark this attribute used in advanced searching with attribute manager, then add an advancedsearch link with parameters in that template

<a href="<?php echo $this->getUrl('catalogsearch/advanced/result', array('seller_id', $_product->getSellerId()));?>"><?php echo $this->__('Show All');?></a>

Hi Kuafasoft,

thanks for the code.

I tried it and I'm almost there.

First I had to change your code by removing an '_' and 'capital 'i' from the sellerid.

Now on my product page it shows the text 'Show all' and when I hover it with the mouse I see the URL 

https://www.mydomainname.nl/catalogsearch/advanced/result/0/Sellerid/1/1001/

As you can see it does retrieve the sellerid, which is 1001 in this case.  Smiley Happy 

But when I click it I end up at: https://www.mydomainname.nl/catalogsearch/advanced/ 

, which of course had nothing filled out in the form and no search results.

A manual working url would be like this:

https://www.mydomainname.nl/catalogsearch/advanced/result/?sellerid=1001

I don't know how to fix this last bit unfortunately.

Current code:

<a href="<?php echo $this->getUrl('catalogsearch/advanced/result', array('Sellerid', $_product->getSellerid()));?>"><?php echo $this->__('Show All');?></a>           

oops, should be like this

<a href="<?php echo $this->getUrl('catalogsearch/advanced/result', array('sellerid' => $_product->getSellerid()));?>"><?php echo $this->__('Show All');?></a>         

and you shouldn't have to capitalize 's' in seller id

HI, 

thanks a lot for taking the time to help!

I tried your updated code and get a new url when I hover it:

https://www.mydomainname.nl/catalogsearch/advanced/result/sellerid/1001/

So it still retrieves the ID, but when i click it I end up at the same standard advanced search page/url.

It does have a clear message this time: please specify at least one search term.

Hi Kuafasoft,

based on your last post I did some more searching and found a similar query on stackoverflow.

I tweaked your solution a bit and got a working query in a URL now!

Here is my final working code for anyone who needs it:

<a href="<?php echo $this->getUrl('catalogsearch/advanced/result', array('_query'=>'sellerid='.$_product->getSellerid()));?>"><?php echo $this->__('Show All');?></a>   

Not sure if I should mark my own reply as a solution, but I'll do it anyway! Smiley Happy