cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System is slow while update the product in admin

System is slow while update the product in admin

While update any product from admin, system takes 2-3 minutes which develop the frustration. apart from this everything run smooth. What would be the solution to get rid of this situation.

My magento version is 1.9.2.2 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: System is slow while update the product in admin

Hi @amisim,

I guess you should start by enabling the Magento logs. Plase try again and check for system.log, excepton.log and also the webserver error log.

Also, you should enable or check the Mysql slow queries log to see if the problem is into the database.

Having some information maybe you will be able to start to fix the issue.

Here is what I would do:

1. Enable Magento profiler. It is easy , just google how to do that.

2. Now go to edit product page, click on save and wait.

3. Once it reloads scroll down and study profiler trace. It will show you what function(s) took most times. Paste the trace here so that I could have a look.

Hello Sir,

Thanks for reply.Please find the profiler trace & let me know if there is any solution.

Hi @amisim

It looks like catalog_product_save_[before|after] observers is taking long time. Try to save product after disabling catalog_product_save_[before|after] observers. First do this at your test server not directly on production : ) If you see it is very fast after doing that re-enable them one by one to see which one is slow.

-- Ravindra

Honestly 1.3s is not bad at all.

I am suspecting that is not the trace we are looking for. Magento default profiler might not be able to track an actual update.
Try Aoe_Profiler extension, it is free. It logs much more. Go ahead and install it. Save your product and see what calls took most time.