cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to Display Cofigurable product in listing page

Want to Display Cofigurable product in listing page

Hi,

I want to display Configurable products only on product listing and search listing page and want my simple product to be accessible via direct link any programming code or magento configuration

Any help would be really appreciated

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Want to Display Cofigurable product in listing page

For your simple product requirement, follow these steps:

1. Assign Product in root category.
2. Set Product visibility to "Catalog"

So now product will be accessed directly from URL and will not be displayed in search.

If you want more help, let me know again.

Hi,

Thanks but i don't want to Catalog as well as on search page but still want to access those url is there any way i can add new option in that. Hope you get my point

Hi @Ahmed220

You can set a product visibility to Catalog but without adding it to any category. This may work.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

Thanks but still stuck as client wanna show in google feed he want that url with category and don't want to show any simple products in product listing (catalog) as well as search listing (search)

$_productCollection= clone $this->getLoadedProductCollection();
$_productCollection->clear()->addAttributeToFilter('type_id','configurable')->load();
$_helper = $this->helper('catalog/output');

I tried this but getting error 

SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'e.type_id' in 'where clause', query was: SELECT FLOOR((ROUND((e.min_price) * 1, 2)) / 100) + 1 AS `range`, COUNT(*) AS `count` FROM `catalog_product_index_price` AS `e`
 INNER JOIN `catalog_category_product_index` AS `cat_index` ON cat_index.product_id=e.entity_id AND cat_index.store_id=1 AND cat_index.visibility IN(2, 4) AND cat_index.category_id = '168' WHERE 1=1 AND (e.type_id = 'configurable') AND ( e.website_id = '1' ) AND ( e.customer_group_id = 0) AND (e.min_price IS NOT NULL) GROUP BY FLOOR((ROUND((e.min_price) * 1, 2)) / 100) + 1 ORDER BY FLOOR((ROUND((e.min_price) * 1, 2)) / 100) + 1 ASC

But one more thing i had upgrade Magento from 1.9.0.1 to .19.2.4

Any code or method if i can add new visibility status or may be i am doing some wrong in code any help would be appreciated