cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird - can add bundle items to cart via their page, but not via the main page

Weird - can add bundle items to cart via their page, but not via the main page

So when you go to my page with the list of items and you click one of the bundle items "Add to Cart" it takes you to that item's page and says "Please specify product option(s)."

However, in that item's page you add it to the cart again, it gets added.

This is confusing customers, who write to me and/or give up after the first effort. Any thoughts on this glitch? The items are all defaulted/checkbox/no-required.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Weird - can add bundle items to cart via their page, but not via the main page

Bundled, configurable and grouped products need to be configured before they can be added to your cart. On the overview page nothing is set.

The most common ways to solve this is replace the "Add to Cart" product with a "More information" button, which takes the user to the product detail page. The other is adding an extension to your shop like Ajax Cart Pro by Aheadworks. Not saying that this is the best extension, there are more if you Google for it.

I hope this answers your question.

If this response was helpful to you, consider giving kudos to this post.
If this response solved your problem, click accept as solution to help others solve this

Re: Weird - can add bundle items to cart via their page, but not via the main page

That would solve things, except: a) Right now, the two solo products add to the cart just fine on both the product page and the list page. The two pack products only add to the cart in the product page. And b) I don't know how to replace the Add to Cart button with a More Info button, let alone do that with just the two pack products while leaving the solo products alone. 

I don't know if I'm allowed to reference my shop here with a link, but if I can it's here; http://www.dobbersports.com/dobbersports-shop/dobberhockey-products.html

Thank you. The problem isn't the end of the world, I just don't remember this happening in prior years.