cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cart empty on payment failure

cart empty on payment failure

I am new in magento developmen. In my website any one go to payment gatway and payment failure then cart automatically empty. please suggest any solution.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: cart empty on payment failure

Which payment method you use?

Normally you can configure in payment method section in Admin: System->Configuration->Sales-> Payment methods
To avoid empty cart when payment failure
If my answer helps you to solve your problem please click on "Accept as Solution". Kudos are welcome too

hi i am facing the same problem .. and ia m using cc avenue payment gateway.. on place order button from one page cheakout page user will redirect payment gateway url.. if user will cancel the order cart is getting empty..

i have checked the code in that in saveorder action mathod there item is not being saved for third party payemnt..

this is not user friendly.. please give my any solution for it ..

thanks

Normally if you use some payment method that redirects customer out if your site(like paypal standard), the minute customer clicks on 'place order' button, the cart is empty. so if the payment failed on 3rd party page and customer cancelled it,  the order is gone.

To avoid it, its better to use some 'inline' payment gateway like paypal pro or authorize.net

Hello, I am sorry for posting this so late but I have the same problem. Magento ver. 1.9.2.4, we use GoPay. After wrong / failed payment the cart is emptied and a customer must find / order merch again. I did not find any settings "in Admin: System->Configuration->Sales-> Payment methods To avoid empty cart when payment failure" how you mentioned.

Thank you!

Pete