cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email was not sent from magento

email was not sent from magento

Magento Version: 1.9.1.0

From frontend, I registered with xx@yahoo.com and I got mail into yahoo account but after that, I again registered with xx@gmail.com but that email did not get into Gmail account.

so please suggest me how can I fix it?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: email was not sent from magento

This suggests that emails are being sent by the server but that they're not being received/are being blocked the recipient mailbox or marked as spam.

I would recommend configuring DNS as much as possible to authenticate your server as an approved sender of emails from your domain. 

The two things to look for are SPF and then DKIM configuration. Here are a couple of links: http://inchoo.net/magento/fight-spam-emails/ and https://kb.easydns.com/knowledge/spf-txt-and-dkim-records/

You may also choose to use an external mail service like mandrill so that Magento isn't the mail sender. This will likely improve reliability but will also require SPF records to be set up.

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Thanks for reply,

Magento Version: 1.9.1.0

I tried to sign up for yahoo account and after complete registration process it sends email to yahoo account but for the same not working with any Gmail account.

I also tried to setup SMTP into Magento and again registered with Gmail account but still not got any email in Gmail.

Have you configured SPF and DKIM as suggested?

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Thanks for reply,

I asked my client and his System Administrator working on it.

so let you know once replied from my client regarding this.

You can try sending emails through SSH and test. This will give a better idea of where is the problem.