cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forwarding via index.php help!

forwarding via index.php help!

Hello,

I have a customized php script in my index.php that sets the store view based on geoip.  I've tried modifying this so that it works with a few seperate sites based on the URL that is typed in, however I cannot get a sub-sub domain to work as desired.

Here is the code:

$urlis = $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];

if ($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] == "/") {
	include("/home/mystore/public_html/skin/frontend/default/theme/geoip/geoip.inc");
	$gi = geoip_open("/home/mystore/public_html/skin/frontend/default/theme/geoip/GeoIP.dat",GEOIP_STANDARD); // Exact file path must be used!!!
	$ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
	$country_code = geoip_country_code_by_addr($gi,$ip);

if (strpos($urlis,'dev') === TRUE) {
	if (strpos($urlis,'wholesale') === TRUE) {
	if ($country_code == "CA") $_SERVER['MAGE_RUN_CODE'] = 'wholesale_ca';
	if ($country_code == "USA") $_SERVER['MAGE_RUN_CODE'] = 'wholesale_us';
	}

else {
if (strpos($urlis,'dev') === TRUE) {
	if ($country_code == "CA") $_SERVER['MAGE_RUN_CODE'] = 'mystore_canada_store_view';
	if ($country_code == "USA") $_SERVER['MAGE_RUN_CODE'] = 'mystore_usa_store_view';
	}}}

else {
	if ($country_code == "CA") $_SERVER['MAGE_RUN_CODE'] = 'mystore_canada_store_view';
	if ($country_code == "USA")$_SERVER['MAGE_RUN_CODE'] = 'mystore_usa_store_view';
	}
}

The main problem is that if I go to :

dev.mystore.com  it works as expected, if I go to store.com it works as well, however if I attempt to go to wholesale.dev.mystore.com  it forwards to dev.mystore.com .

I've tried also changing the URL detection to wholesale.dev no go, reversed the order (and generally placed the if/else statements both inside and outside each other, but to no avail.

I know it's a logic problem with my IF statements, but for the life of me, I cannot find it...

suggestions/help are welcome.

Cheers!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: forwarding via index.php help!

Ok,

So it looks like my detection code isn't working. I've modified my code to the following, and ONLY the last else statement works.

$urlis = $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];

if ($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] == "/") {
	include("/home/mystore/public_html/skin/frontend/default/theme/geoip/geoip.inc");
	$gi = geoip_open("/home/mystore/public_html/skin/frontend/default/theme/geoip/GeoIP.dat",GEOIP_STANDARD); // Exact file path must be used!!!
	$ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
	$country_code = geoip_country_code_by_addr($gi,$ip);

if (strpos($urlis,'wholesale') === TRUE){

if ($country_code == "USA") $_SERVER['MAGE_RUN_CODE'] = 'wholesale_us';
	}

elseif (strpos($urlis,'dev') === TRUE) {
	if ($country_code == "USA") $_SERVER['MAGE_RUN_CODE'] = 'wholesale_ca';

}

else {