cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

load magento module template

load magento module template

For a module I need to load template file and let it replace the complete page.
It is a XML file (but could also be any content whatsoever).
Generally speaking when

• MYNS_MYMODULE_controllernameController

is triggered and calls

• fooAction()

I need to be able to display a clean site with the content from my template file.

I'd prefer a solution where I don't have to pay attention to any templates and styles, because for the module functionality there are no real templates needed except for the one I want to implement.

Please let me know where to place the template file and how to tell magento to load this file as a root template without anything else around. If you need anymore information please let me know I will answer ASAP.

P.S. I did ask the same question on Stackoverflow if you prefer to gain reputation there.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: load magento module template

To clarify it even more:

For:
http://domain.tld/modulename/controller/action/

Where do I have to place template files and how should I reference them?

Still stuck

I got an answer on StackOverflowfor anyone interested, it at least provides a quick way to get it done.
If somebody still cares to give a quick explenation or link to a tutorial which explains what to put into to which xml and where to place the files, this would still be very welcome.

Hello jackprince1983,

You should read Magento doc and Alan Storm Blog. Alan also wrote a book about Magento Layout: No Frills Magento Layout.

Your url: http://domain.tld/modulename/controller/action/

The modulename_controller_action Handle is created by combining the route name (modulename), Action Controller name (controller), and Action Controller Action Method (action) into a single string. This means each possible method on an Action Controller has a Handle associated with it.

In your layout xml handles this request:

<modulename_controller_action>

</modulename_controller_action>

Hope my suggestion is useful for you.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!