cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using rest api: oauth

using rest api: oauth

All,

I am trying to establish a connection using the rest api from a PC/Delphi client I want to write, but first must carry out oauth. I am a desktop developer, not a web person, so after much googling I have come to the point where I admit defeat.

I have the Consumer configured and I have the Consumer Key and the Consumer Secret tokens. However, I do not know how to carry out the securing of the Access Key and Access Key Secret tokens. I vaguely understand that I need some kind of REST client and I found what appears to be Ruby COde at the following link:

http://www.aschroder.com/2012/04/introduction-to-the-magento-rest-apis-with-oauth-in-version-1-7/

I got so far as to install a REST client add on for my Firefox browser but I don't know how to use it.

I need just a simple total noobie bullet list type explanation of how to get the other two keys. I want it for an admin connection, not a front end or guest..

Second question: do I need the callback url filled in on the Consumer config window in Magento admin back end and if so, do I just make it up? How do I know what to put there?

Thanks in advance for anybody wo might be willing to help me.

Mark