cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8788v2 Image Upload

8788v2 Image Upload

We have noticed that since installing 8788v2 on some of our sites, the Browse and Upload button in the Catalog does not seem to work. I have flushed Magento Cache and Reindex the site. This has not fixed the issue. Is there going to be a release from Magento to fix this? It seems that they have removed the SWF files, but they have not made any effect to fix the issue.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: 8788v2 Image Upload

Hello @Yoma Limited

I am having the same issue here. I would to know if anyone else had encountered same/similar problems and how they fixed this issue.

Although the suggestions in this link didn't apply to me, perhaps this link would be of help to you:

https://community.magento.com/t5/Security-Patches/SUPEE-8788-Solutions-to-Different-Problems/m-p/52572#U52572

Thanks

raidip

Hi @Anonymous please provide me with more information if you have... what does /var/log/system.log and expectation.log says?

Do you also have a php error_log in your folder? What magento version? etc. ? Where in admin does the browse fail etc?

HI @ptomter,

Ours is a redhat server with apache.  I don't see those files in var/logs. Did you want to see the system logs or the apache logs from httpd folder?

thank you

raidip

@@ptomter,

I just realized that you were actually referring to Magento logs.

Here is log entry from today for system.log:

2016-11-07T06:00:10+00:00 ERR (3): Cant create backups directory

Here is log entry from today for Exception log:

2016-11-07T06:00:10+00:00 ERR (3):
exception 'Mage_Backup_Exception_NotEnoughPermissions' with message 'Cant create backups directory' in /OurWebsiteFileLocation/lib/Mage/Backup/Filesystem.php:264
Stack trace:
#0 /OurWebsiteFileLocation/lib/Mage/Backup/Filesystem.php(111): Mage_Backup_Filesystem->_checkBackupsDir()
#1 /OurWebsiteFileLocation/lib/Mage/Backup/Snapshot.php(79): Mage_Backup_Filesystem->create()
#2 /OurWebsiteFileLocation/lib/Mage/Backup/Media.php(57): Mage_Backup_Snapshot->create()
#3 /OurWebsiteFileLocation/app/code/core/Mage/Backup/Model/Observer.php(79): Mage_Backup_Media->create()
#4 [internal function]: Mage_Backup_Model_Observer->scheduledBackup(Object(Mage_Cron_Model_Schedule))
#5 /OurWebsiteFileLocation/app/code/core/Mage/Cron/Model/Observer.php(326): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#6 /OurWebsiteFileLocation/app/code/core/Mage/Cron/Model/Observer.php(72): Mage_Cron_Model_Observer->_processJob(Object(Mage_Cron_Model_Schedule), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config_Element))
#7 /OurWebsiteFileLocation/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1358): Mage_Cron_Model_Observer->dispatch(Object(Varien_Event_Observer))
#8 /OurWebsiteFileLocation/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1337): Mage_Core_Model_App->_callObserverMethod(Object(Mage_Cron_Model_Observer), 'dispatch', Object(Varien_Event_Observer))
#9 /OurWebsiteFileLocation/app/Mage.php(448): Mage_Core_Model_App->dispatchEvent('default', Array)
#10 /OurWebsiteFileLocation/cron.php(78): Mage::dispatchEvent('default')
#11 {main}

@Anonymous from the error files its diffucult to see what may cause the problem. Please pm, me if you want me to take a look at it Smiley Happy

I was able to fix it,Please Follow following instruction.

Step >> 1: After installed security patch 8788 successfully, Please go to admin panel and flush all Magento cache. Then Logout your Admin Panel and Relogin to Admin Panel.

Step >> 2:  Go to Index Management and select all reindex all data after flush all Magento cache once again.

Step >> 3: This very Important step,Delete your browser cache(Ctrl+shift+Delete) history clear all browsing data from browser including cookies.

Step >> 4: Go to Catalog >> Product Management , add new image of any product,now you can see everything work fine.

Thank you @er_randhir. I tried all your recommended steps but it didn't work for me.

It looks like this is an Internet Explorer only issue. The "Browse files" button isn't clickable.