cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying SUPEE-6788 removes static block on home page

Re: Applying SUPEE-6788 removes static block on home page

Did you cleared the cache after adding the changes? Maybe it helps.

Clearing the cache didn't do anything.

We'll lazy as I am I searched for a php script which fixes my extensions automatically. I found this Tool: https://github.com/rhoerr/supee-6788-toolbox   It also fixes the block whitelists. Maybe you can try it. I recommend to do an backup before applying it!

Many extensions have been affected by the new patch, so they need updating.

We have already updated most of our affected extensions. In case you're using them, here is a list https://blog.amasty.com/supee-6788-qa-about-extensions-and-security-patch-compatibility-important/

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

The only problems I'm having are with static blocks disappearing - very basic static blocks that I created myself in the CMS. I can't figure out what to call them in the whitelist - nothing seems to work.

Here i'm having the exact same problem, but instead of the static blocks, my problem is with the blocks that pick up the products, blog and testimonials.

I've tryed a couple of solutions but none of them worked

I've seen several people pointing to a solution with the white list , but like Green18 i don't know what name should i give to the blocks in the white list, because all names and variant's i've tryed didn't worked.

You can try this free extension - http://supee6788.magebit.com

By default it runs once and whitelist all blocks and after that it turnst autowhitelist off.

You can change config in code so it does not whitelist all blocks before installing it. After that you will be able to scan your Magento and see what blocks have you used and then you can bulk add them to whitelist.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

+1 helped

This is an easy fix. All you need to do is find the static block. Take note of its ID. If it's placed in a CMS page take note of its URL. Now head to Permissions and add it to the blocks list. Presto!

I've blogged about a small hack to get the disallowed block type here. Basically, you can update the code in

/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Email/Template/Filter.php

to email you the block type that is not whitelisted. Just add the following to line 179

} else {
        mail('email@domain.com', 'Disallowed block for ' . Mage::getBaseUrl(), $blockParameters['type'] . "\n" . print_r($_SERVER, true));

so the code block looks like

if (isset($blockParameters['type'])) {
    if ($this->_permissionBlock->isTypeAllowed($blockParameters['type'])) {
        $type = $blockParameters['type'];
        $block = $layout->createBlock($type, null, $blockParameters);
    } else {
        mail('email@domain.com', 'Disallowed block for ' . Mage::getBaseUrl(), $blockParameters['type'] . "\n" . print_r($_SERVER, true));
    }
} elseif (isset($blockParameters['id'])) {
    $block = $layout->createBlock('cms/block');
    if ($block) {
        $block->setBlockId($blockParameters['id']);
    }
}

I know you're not supposed to edit the core files, but for this small, temporary hack I don't see an issue.

Did I help you solve your problem? Click Accept as Solution!
DudeSquare Web Development