cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkout Stuck on Step 4 after SUPEE-9767 with Formkey Validation on Checkout Enabled

SOLVED

Checkout Stuck on Step 4 after SUPEE-9767 with Formkey Validation on Checkout Enabled

I got SUPEE-9767 installed earlier this morning with no error. Then a couple of hours later, I get a notification on the Admin backend "Important: Formkey validation on checkout disabled. This may expose security risks. We strongly recommend to Enable Form Key Validation On Checkout in Admin / Security Section, for protect your own checkout process."

So, I turned it on and now during a test checkout, I'm stuck on Step 4 - Payment Information and cannot Continue.

I notice that with the patch, it duplicated the old payment.phtml and inserted <?php echo $this->getBlockHtml('formkey') ?> to line 38.

At the moment, I have the "Enable Form Key Validation On Checkout" set on "No" until I can find a solution to this. I use the default Magento 1.9.2.0 one page checkout, BTW.

Could you guys please check your checkout and let me know how it goes?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Checkout Stuck on Step 4 after SUPEE-9767 with Formkey Validation on Checkout Enabled

Hi again,

I've fixed the problem which looks like a "boarding effect".

It was the same problem described here: https://magento.stackexchange.com/a/177137/6591

So finally, I just moved the <?php echo $this->getBlockHtml('formkey') ?> instruction outside the fieldset (before it was inside, right after <?php echo $this->getChildHtml('methods') ?>).

Now it works like a charm Smiley Happy

Hope it helps someone.

Cheers,

Sam

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

Re: Checkout Stuck on Step 4 after SUPEE-9767 with Formkey Validation on Checkout Enabled

Obviously you are using a custom theme then.
Simple as it is, you will have to add the Line there too.

It is easy as follows:
Open your custom themes payment.phtml and add the line in your Formular with ID "co-payment-form":

<?php echo $this->getBlockHtml('formkey') ?>

As example I did it right after the initial php-tag so its on top of the template.

Additionally: If your custom theme overwrites the opcheckout.js, there is some needed editing too:
Find

if (elements[i].name=='payment[method]') {

and replace it with

if (elements[i].name=='payment[method]' || elements[i].name == 'form_key') {

I'm also having this issue and thanks for trying but your solution didn't work. Files already containing those lines.

Yep I'm having this issue as well, key input is in place.

Same problem here, I had to disable it too.

Thank you gash and dburlage.

Unfortunately, those files: shipping | billing | shipping_method | payment.phtml & opcheckout.js have contained the "formkey" already and the checkout is still stuck.

I also have this issue, all files have the formkey, check the op-.js file, ran the suggested github script and still doesn't work.

Hi guys,

From my side the patch was applied successfully and base/custom phtml and js files are up to date.

I've got the same problem as all of you. 

Stuck at step 4 (payment methods) during checkout process.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

PS: I'm using CE 1.7.0.2 (with all required SUPEE patches).

Regards, 

Sam

Hi again,

I've fixed the problem which looks like a "boarding effect".

It was the same problem described here: https://magento.stackexchange.com/a/177137/6591

So finally, I just moved the <?php echo $this->getBlockHtml('formkey') ?> instruction outside the fieldset (before it was inside, right after <?php echo $this->getChildHtml('methods') ?>).

Now it works like a charm Smiley Happy

Hope it helps someone.

Cheers,

Sam