cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkout issues after SUPEE-9767 V2 installed

Checkout issues after SUPEE-9767 V2 installed

Since SUPEE-9767 V2 was installed on my site, I'm having issues with both the Guest and Regular checkout.  On Step 1, once someone fills out their personal info, and clicks continue, it just hangs up and doesn't continue to Step 2.  I never installed SUPEE-9767 V1, so it's not conflict with that.

I checked, and all of my checkout forms have this in them:

<?php echo $this->getBlockHtml('formkey'); ?>

I have since disabled Enable Form Key Validation On Checkout in Admin and my checkout works again.  Now, I don't want to leave it that way forever.  Anyone know a fix to this?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Checkout issues after SUPEE-9767 V2 installed

Hi @theregulator75,

Which specific version of Magento are you using?

Thanks for the reply.  It's 1.9.2.1

I saw something similar a few weeks ago but now I can't find in the forums.

Did you tried with the RWD default theme just to be sure there isn't an error in your theme (because some modifications the patch introduced on phtml files)

Do you mean to add the formkey PHP line to the RWD theme files as well?

RWD will be patched so you won't need to add anything there.

I was thinking about adding patch modifications to your own theme (if is needed)

My theme files are patched.  They all have the formkey code.  Could it be the actual placement of that formkey code in the checkout files that's causing this?  I saw something in another forum that recommended something like this:

<?php echo $this->getBlockHtml('formkey') ?>
<form id="co-billing-form" action="">

Well... is possible but I can't confirm.

If you change the theme to RWD the checkout works OK?

I haven't tried the RWD option and I don't really know how to do it.  I'd have to set up a testing server first and I'm not sure I have the time or resources to do that.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

Maybe following this thread: https://community.magento.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Google-Chrome-Users-Mixed-Up/m-p/76461#M6843

There you'll see how to change for a moment the design and how to change back without modify your general configuration.