cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while Patching Security Patch (SUPEE-6285)

SOLVED

Re: Error while Patching Security Patch (SUPEE-6285)

@sherrie wrote:

Correct @Chriswebdes, 1.9.1.1 includes SUPEE-5344. As a side note, if you're on CE you can update to 1.9.2 which contains all three patches: 5344, 5994 and 6285.

Never follow that advice (upgrade) unless you have time and severely test the new version against your theme and installed module set on a staging server first (even that's been known to fail when the live environment is found to differ in some minor way). Many's the shopowner who has suffered economic penalty for just thinking they can upgrade out of their problems.

Always test the patches on a staging server before aiming gun at foot, it ensures the chamber's empty when the hammer comes down.

It's Magento, blindly upgrading often causes worse problems than just making the patch work

Ok I got it to work, 

I took noitems.phtml from my test site that is running latest version of Magento, replaced it on my site, ran the patch and it worked.

I then replaced the noitems.phtml file back. - My file has been changed.

this article clued me in - 

http://codingbasics.net/bash-hunk-failed/

Glad to hear you got it sorted @paperrollsnmore, thanks for reporting back with your solution!

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical

Hey @chiefair  thanks for the advice ! But I outpace you ^^  I've just upgraded from 1.6 to 1.9.1.1 few weeks ago, what a pain !!! 

I'm not ready to do it again right now ! And i'm disappointed to see that even a poor patch doesn't work right. Hopefully I did test the patch on a staging environment ! Now, I know how to treat magento. 

@paperrollsnmore  solution's working, replace the current noItems.phtml with the one of a fresh magento 1.9.1.1 and it works