cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much time to install Security patches?

How much time to install Security patches?

I am wondering how much time it would take to a Magento expert to install Security patches like the one we just did.

Is it something easy to manage when you are not a Magento expert?

thanks,

Éric

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How much time to install Security patches?

Hi Éric

This should be rather simple to do. More than Magento, it requires some basic CLI knowledge to apply the patches. Typically it can be done in one minute or less, of course assuming none of the affected files have been modified.

Testing can take a bit longer than that though depending on your QA protocol.

Thanks
Luis

So would you think that 3.5 hours to do this is «over-billing»?

For me it is over billing. That said this depends on the process you have in place, especially around QA. I would think 1-2 hours is okay (but I am not QA).

We just patched 4 stores and all of them were done in around 2 hours (including QA)

@TheGuitarWizard

Don't pay for installing this. We can help you install the patches for free! We already helped most of our customers installing these patches and we can help you too.

You can also do if yourself with the guide we have prepared: http://magecomp.com/blog/how-to-install-magento-security-patches/

SECURITY DISCLAIMER: The above website contains Magento Security Patch files which are self-hosted by the user and as such unsafe. Magento Forum advise all users to only download patch files from the official Magento Downloads page. 

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now