cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't know the format so that I can download those security patches.

I don't know the format so that I can download those security patches.

Hi.

I'm new to working on this. I have two security patches that I need to download, but I don't know my format. These concern the SUPEE-1533 & SUPEE-5344 patches need for added security. I did download those patches, but suspect I downloaded the wrong ones, for I'm unable to open them and apply them. 

Sincerely,

Mary

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I don't know the format so that I can download those security patches.

You need to execute them in ssh, if you executed them copy/paste the output here. Please read http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/m1x/other/ht_install-patches.html for more information. If you don't have ssh access you can execute it with a php script -> http://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/63858/critical-reminder-download-and-install-magento-secu...

The patches are shell commands that will install the files. We've been doing this for a number of sites day in and out lately.

You have to ftp them to your server/hosting - then you have to be able to execute them. This means your account (FTP/user) has to be able to use Shell commands (regular or jail-shell).

In cpanel - this is going to be the main user account (same one you log into cpanel with)

For all others - you would contact your host.

FDG Web, Inc - Web Design & Development - Talk to a designer or developer today!

www.fdgweb.com

tom@fdgweb.com

Good point on the PHP workaround.. 

FDG Web, Inc - Web Design & Development - Talk to a designer or developer today!
www.fdgweb.com
tom@fdgweb.com

The file format is a *nix text file with newline line endings.

It is a Shell Script file and since it must be executed by the command shell, you need to make sure your FTP program doesn't upload it as a DOS file format with CRLF line endings, or it massively fails.