cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 1.6 - SUPEE-6788

SOLVED

Magento 1.6 - SUPEE-6788

Hi,

We have a site running version 1.6.0.0 and I was wondering if there was any news on a patch for SUPEE-6788 please?

Thanks,

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 1.6 - SUPEE-6788

Hi @FootshopAndy, for 1.6 you're looking at approximately a one week delay.

Also, please be aware that because 1.6 was so long ago, you'll likely have several extensions that are incompatible with the patch which means you'll be unable to switch on that portion of the patch (it is switched off by default) unless you are able to update those extensions.

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Hi @FootshopAndy, for 1.6 you're looking at approximately a one week delay.

Also, please be aware that because 1.6 was so long ago, you'll likely have several extensions that are incompatible with the patch which means you'll be unable to switch on that portion of the patch (it is switched off by default) unless you are able to update those extensions.

--

Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical

Thank you for the update!

Hi @sherrie,

That's great, thanks for the update.

Out of interest, is there a set lifespan for when older versions will continue to be supported (for security patches)?

Thanks,

Andy

You're welcome @FootshopAndy & @chiefair. Sorry for the delay!

As far as EOL support by version for patches, etc., we are actually discussing this. Currently, the answer is no. If there was, since you asked, what would be an ideal lifespan vs minimum lifespan vs maximum lifespan in your opinion? 

--

Where to cut off... Weeellll... The version before I upgraded to my current version <grin>

Seriously, I made the mistake of waiting till the latest stable version (1.9.x) on this last upgrade, should have gone for 1.8.1.0 and applied all the patches to make it safe and immedately started working on the next upgrade. Because of the changes in 1.9.2.x it's a step up a stairway with 6 foot risers that has required climbing ropes whilst carrying a 150lb pack.

Once everyone's past 1.6/1.7, probably 2 years max, but that means if you're on 1.6 and earlier, you'd best either get your upgrade done or abandon Magento for something you can maintain.

The 1.9.2.1 to 1.9.2.2 jump is this. I just upgraded all my modules to be compatible with 1.9.2.1 and find suddenly that I'm taking off time from the actual 1.9.2.1 upgrade implementation testing to reevaluate for YAMU (Yet Another Module Upgrade).

Bleh, I'm tired of being behind, which was the way it was when I inherited it. Hmmm, there was this guy named Sysiphus...

Hi @sherrie,

As we have a site on 1.6, I would say as long as possible! Man Tongue

In all serious, I would say as long as it's feasible and not too time consuming to produce patches - releasing them for as many versions as possible is in everyones interest. Maybe after the release of Magento 2, the oldest version could be dropped every 6/12 months?

If there is any news in the future, it would be great if this can be officially published so we can plan the necessary upgrades.

Patches for 1.5.x.x and 1.6.x.x are online

Download for 1.6.2.0 produces the following file

PATCH_SUPEE-6788_CE_1.9.2.0_v1-2015-10-30-06-24-02-1.sh

which applies with the expected result.

1.7.0.0-1.7.0.1 gets the file named PATCH_SUPEE-6788_CE_1.7.0.1_v1-2015-10-27-12-00-41.sh

1.6.1.0 gets the file named PATCH_SUPEE-6788_CE_1.6.1.0_v1-2015-10-30-07-51-10.sh

Houston we have an inverted numeral problem 9 is not 6

1.6.2.0 gets the file named PATCH_SUPEE-6788_CE_1.9.2.0_v1-2015-10-30-06-24-02-1.sh

Yes.. I'm getting the wrong file as well, it has 1.9.2.0 in the title, not 1.6.2.0.

Also, I thought patches were supposed to be reversible.. does not appear to be so. I'm having to request my host restore from backup at the moment as this fails with many errors. and apparently there is something about needing to restore the original .htaccess file somewhere due to some other errors that people are getting. Why no mention of this in the install notes?