cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento security patch irritation

SOLVED

Magento security patch irritation

Hello,

it's the first time I've installed Magento 1.9.2.2 under XAMPP for Windows. As soon as I am familiar with Magento I'll install it on my webserver.

The inbox in my backend tells me some critical messages and recommends to install security patches. That irritates me a bit. But now I've some generell questions:

1. On https://www.magentocommerce.com/download I read: "Includes patches: SUPEE-5344, SUPEE-5994, SUPEE-6237, SUPEE-6285, SUPEE-6482, SUPEE-678". Why do I get this critical messages? Can I ignore them?
  2. For the case I shouldn't ignore them, do I have to install all recommended security patches? The oldest patch at first up to the youngest patch?

Thanks in advance,

Renate

P.S. I hope my english is fine enough. I'm from Germany.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento security patch irritation

Hi @Renate1955

Magento 1.9.2.2 is the latest release by Magento and it includes all the security patches. 

You need not to apply any other patches to this version.

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

View solution in original post

Hi @Renate1955

Magento send the messages too keep the merchants alert about new patches and other useful information.

---

Hi @Renate1955, welcome to the Magento community! As @Mukesh Tiwari mentioned, those messages are sent to all Magento instances. They're not based on your current version or configuration. 1.9.2.2 does contain all latest security patches at this point.

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Renate1955

Magento 1.9.2.2 is the latest release by Magento and it includes all the security patches. 

You need not to apply any other patches to this version.

---

Hello muk_t,

thanks for your helpful answer. But why does Magento send me this critical messages? I am totally new with Magento and the messages confused me.

Hi @Renate1955

Magento send the messages too keep the merchants alert about new patches and other useful information.

---

Hi @Renate1955, welcome to the Magento community! As @Mukesh Tiwari mentioned, those messages are sent to all Magento instances. They're not based on your current version or configuration. 1.9.2.2 does contain all latest security patches at this point.

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical