cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie - Installed Magento 1.9.1 new install and patch_supee-5994

Newbie - Installed Magento 1.9.1 new install and patch_supee-5994

Hi I installed Magento as a test to familairize myself with it. I installed the Community Edition 1.9.1.1 or whatever the curent version is. It installed ok, and was able to access the page and the admin. However, after installing the 5994 patch, I get a 404 error page for the admin, but I cannot locate the error log if one was created. SO I have some questions:

first, where are the error logs store?

Next can I uninstall patch

26 REPLIES 26

Re: Newbie - Installed Magento 1.9.1 new install and patch_supee-5994

Magento logs are found in:

var/log/system.log

var/log/exception.log

You can also chec your web server error log as well.

Via FTP/ssh, verifiy that you did not create an "admin" directory, as this can cause issues sometimes.

Per the patch, if you try to run it a second time via ssh, it will ask you if you want to revert the patch, and if you say yes, it should back out the changes. You can also see the files modified by viewing the contents of "app/etc/applied.patches.list  and then restore the back ups of these files.

Also make sure you clear the Magento cache files in var/cache

@robfico wrote:

Magento logs are found in:

var/log/system.log

var/log/exception.log

You can also chec your web server error log as well.

Via FTP/ssh, verifiy that you did not create an "admin" directory, as this can cause issues sometimes.

Per the patch, if you try to run it a second time via ssh, it will ask you if you want to revert the patch, and if you say yes, it should back out the changes. You can also see the files modified by viewing the contents of "app/etc/applied.patches.list  and then restore the back ups of these files.

Also make sure you clear the Magento cache files in var/cache

I checked the var folder and did not see a log folder, have a cache, package and session

ALso was unable to locate any admin folders, but I am not overly familiar with unix so I could not do a directory listing parsing subfolders to locate any admin folders.

Will try and unpatch  the system to see if I can get back to where I was,

A question I forgot, is were do I locate addons to magento?

Sounds like Magento logging was not enabled then if you do not see a "log" folder in the var folder.

If you do not see the "admin" folder in the main web folder, then this would not be the issue.

You can see extensions enabled on the filesystem in:

app/etc/modules/

or in the admin panel under:

System -> Configuration -> Advanced

@robfico wrote:

Sounds like Magento logging was not enabled then if you do not see a "log" folder in the var folder.

If you do not see the "admin" folder in the main web folder, then this would not be the issue.

app/etc/modules/

Thanks for the advice, but that is my issue. After installing patch_supee-5994.sh  I get a 500 internal error trying to access the admin side of magento. I therefor cannot turn on logging as you suggested. ANd  I posted the error message when I tried to back out the patch

I don't see the error message posted when you tried to un-patch the store...

Yes, looks like my attached picdidn't get attached. Anyway, as this is a test site, would you recommend my deleting  all the magento files, then doing a fresh install and enabling logging. Once then try to apply the patch and if theproblem occurs again check the log?

Yes, I would recommend a re-install, make sure logging is enabled, and then try to patch again.

@robfico wrote:

Yes, I would recommend a re-install, make sure logging is enabled, and then try to patch again.

Ok, thanks for the advice.

@robfico wrote:

app/etc/modules/

Went to system -Configuration - Advanced- and mage_log is set to enable, but log folder is not in the var folder. What else do I need to do?