cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patching magento on a Windows server?

Patching magento on a Windows server?

Hi,

We have Magento running on a Windows server with IIS. We've discovered a php bug which Magento have released a patch file for.

Does anyone know of a way of patching when using a Windows server as it wont run a bash script?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Patching magento on a Windows server?

patch file is made for your convenience, to download it and execute, it is nothing special, just a text file with diff command,
you can always open it, and read as a normal text file.

http://superuser.com/questions/373706/how-can-i-run-a-shell-script-in-windows

------------
MagenX - Magento and Server optimization

Hi

Thanks, but I've opened the file and whilst I can see it ends with the patch differences, Windows doesn't have a diff command. Are you saying I'd have to open each Magento file manually and make the relavent line by line changes to the source code, because that would be quite a task? (Not to mention the diff syntax in this instance doesn't make much sense to me).

Regards

thats what im talking about, if you not familiar with Windows server administration, you have to step off...

these questions will lead you to a dark room with no exit...

dig more http://serverfault.com/ answers, maybe it will help you.

------------
MagenX - Magento and Server optimization

What would lead you to believe I'm not familiar with Windows Administration given I know it doesn't include the diff command and I'm actually running Magento on a Windows server?

The correct answer to, "Does anyone know of a way of patching when using a Windows server as it wont run a bash script?", is either...

a) "No"

b) "No, short of manually pasting each change into the php files" (which has nothing to do with 'Windows Administration')

c) "Download a win32 binary of Diff, hope it's syntatically the same, and then convert the bash file to a batch file"

Patronisingly linking to serverfault.com and talking about dark rooms is honestly about as much use as a Magento patch SH file on a Windows server...