cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUPEE-6788 - Permissions Variables+Block pages Empty

SOLVED

SUPEE-6788 - Permissions Variables+Block pages Empty

Just patched SUPEE-6788, but Permission Variables + Permissions Blocks pages are empty.

I flushed cache, flushed APC, logged out, logged in. No change.

Am I missing those tables maybe?

Is there a way to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: SUPEE-6788 - Permissions Variables+Block pages Empty

Disabled Compiler and it finally showed up!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Just checked DB and Tables exist.

Checked System Logs:

--------------------------------------------------

2015-11-04T21:06:48+00:00 ERR (3):
exception 'Mage_Core_Exception' with message 'Invalid block type: Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Permissions_Variable' in /devsite/app/Mage.php:594
Stack trace:
#0 /devsite/includes/src/__default.php(27426): Mage::throwException('Invalid block t...')
#1 /devsite/includes/src/__default.php(27368): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_getBlockInstance('adminhtml/permi...', Array)
#2 /devsite/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Permissions/VariableController.php(59): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->createBlock('adminhtml/permi...')
#3 /devsite/includes/src/__default.php(13617): Mage_Adminhtml_Permissions_VariableController->indexAction()
#4 /devsite/includes/src/__default.php(17995): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('index')
#5 /devsite/includes/src/__default.php(17548): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#6 /devsite/includes/src/__default.php(20150): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#7 /devsite/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#8 /devsite/index.php(120): Mage::run('', 'store')
#9 {main}
2015-11-04T21:06:48+00:00 ERR (3):
exception 'Mage_Core_Exception' with message 'Invalid block type: Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Permissions_Block' in /devsite/app/Mage.php:594
Stack trace:
#0 /devsite/includes/src/__default.php(27426): Mage::throwException('Invalid block t...')
#1 /devsite/includes/src/__default.php(27368): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_getBlockInstance('adminhtml/permi...', Array)
#2 /devsite/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Permissions/BlockController.php(59): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->createBlock('adminhtml/permi...')
#3 /devsite/includes/src/__default.php(13617): Mage_Adminhtml_Permissions_BlockController->indexAction()
#4 /devsite/includes/src/__default.php(17995): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('index')
#5 /devsite/includes/src/__default.php(17548): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#6 /devsite/includes/src/__default.php(20150): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#7 /devsite/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#8 /devsite/index.php(120): Mage::run('', 'store')
#9 {main}

--------------------------------------------------

Anybody has any idea why this is happening?

Disabled Compiler and it finally showed up!

There are some good solutions on this site:

https://magentary.com/kb/how-to-install-supee-6788/

They provide full files +  solutions for this patch issues.

@paul_c

For future reference, always flush and disable the Magento cache and disable the compiler before

1) patching,

2) module installation

3) full version upgrade

Some pretty nasty stuff can happen if the installer scripts get interrupted during run because of the disparity of garbage code being fed into Magento when it runs code from new code, cached code and compiler detritius. Usually, it recovers after a few cache cleans and reboots, you just don't want to be one of those statistics Magento produces with a corrupted database.

^^^no worries that's why we have dev sites before we post to production.

Yeah, I've often installed 2-4 times during testing before I even get close to committing it live. In fact, I don't think I've ever done a first time patch install live. I don't have the willpower to put up with that kind of pain. Been too long in the computer industry to have that kind of optimism either.