cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUPEE-6788 and Owl Carousel Brand Slider (Magento 1.9.0.1)

SOLVED

SUPEE-6788 and Owl Carousel Brand Slider (Magento 1.9.0.1)

Hello Magento Brethren!

So I recently updated my test server to the latest patch of 6788. All seemed well and good, until I realized the brand slider has lost functionality. I looked over all the files affected in the patching process, but can't really pinpoint what could be causing the malfunction. Being a popular carousel plugin, I don't assume I am the only one facing this problem, and am curious if anyone has any idea what the issue could be.. and how to alleviate it. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: SUPEE-6788 and Owl Carousel Brand Slider (Magento 1.9.0.1)

Little more digging, and I found this: https://www.pinpointdesigns.co.uk/blog/magento-ce-patch-supee-6788-custom-blocks-issue/

It goes exactly through what the problem was, and declares the way to fix it! 

----

TL;DR:

Example: {{block type="brands/brands" template="infortis/brands/brand_slider.phtml"
breakpoints="[0, 1], [320, 2], [480, 2], [768, 3], [960, 4], [1280, 5]" block_name="Our
Brands"}}

That was the block I was attempting to use. Going to the Backend and navigating to System > Permissions > Blocks

and adding the block "brands/brands" and enabling complete with a cache refresh got it working again. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: SUPEE-6788 and Owl Carousel Brand Slider (Magento 1.9.0.1)

Little more digging, and I found this: https://www.pinpointdesigns.co.uk/blog/magento-ce-patch-supee-6788-custom-blocks-issue/

It goes exactly through what the problem was, and declares the way to fix it! 

----

TL;DR:

Example: {{block type="brands/brands" template="infortis/brands/brand_slider.phtml"
breakpoints="[0, 1], [320, 2], [480, 2], [768, 3], [960, 4], [1280, 5]" block_name="Our
Brands"}}

That was the block I was attempting to use. Going to the Backend and navigating to System > Permissions > Blocks

and adding the block "brands/brands" and enabling complete with a cache refresh got it working again. Smiley Happy