cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUPEE-8788 Downloadable Product - Larger File uploads

Re: SUPEE-8788 Downloadable Product - Larger File uploads

Hi, and the .htaccess should be in your root folder where you have your magento not your /media/uploader folder... it could, but its not optimize. Please try have it in the root folder of your webpage. Any feedback from your hosting provider?

Hi @ptomter,

The hosting company say nothing has changed.
I've removed the .htaccess from the media folder (Magento must have created this, as I didn't).

Still the same problem.

I have shared hosting, so I have to create php.ini and place in the root directory.
Is it possible that since the update, the uploader is not getting the setting from this file, therefore constrained by the hosting default limits?

The php.ini file and .htaccess should be in the root folder. And also the most important setting is actually the apache setting, but if this cant be changed / override its nothing to do.. if you want to use the standard Magento Upload function, in most cases 100 mb should be enought upload size... Smiley Wink

Yes, I have both in the root folder.

I need to be able to upload 850 Mb, and have been able to do this until after the patch was applied.

Nothing else has changed, so I am at a loss with what has caused the problem Smiley Sad

Even if the server hasnt change the method of uploading files has changed therefor the settings are different and are more depending on your webserver settings.

Their first suggestion was to change the php.ini settings (which I had already changed).

So, I have asked them for webserver configuration.
Could it be that LimitRequestBody cannot be over-ridden, and  is  causing the problem?

Yes that might be the case. Most providers wont let you change and override this setting as it can cause stability issues with the server.

I am going to do a test install from scratch on a staging domain as my next step.
I'll update once complete!

I have a fresh install on 1.9.3.1

No customisation

php.ini and .htaccess settings as suggested.

I get the same problem with larger files (apprx. above 100 Mb)

I've emailed hosting support to find out if the LimitRequestBody is restricted.

Will update once I receive a reply!

OK, so I cannot change the LimitRequestBody setting.

Any other suggestions, or workarounds?

Smiley Sad