cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUPEE 8788 on Magento 1.7 causes login fail

SOLVED

SUPEE 8788 on Magento 1.7 causes login fail

I managed to install the 8788 patch in spite of having to update two of the files (product.js and boxes.css) manually, as those updates failed for no obvious reason. But now when going through checkout or the customer login page the login form submits but doesn't log you in or display any errors. Nothing saved to any log files either.

Anyone else had similar issues with this patch?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: SUPEE 8788 on Magento 1.7 causes login fail

I found the solution for our problem, we just had to include the hidden key field in the 2 login form templates

<input type="hidden" name="form_key" value="<?php echo Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey(); ?>" />

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Same problem with this patch and magento 1.7.0.2

We also installed patch 3941 in order for the new patch to run at all. The problem doesn't occur when only this old one is applied, so it must be the problem with 8788.

So far we had to revert all patch changes. We couldn't get front-end login to work with this 8788 patch applied. So any help on this will also be appreciated here

I found the solution for our problem, we just had to include the hidden key field in the 2 login form templates

<input type="hidden" name="form_key" value="<?php echo Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey(); ?>" />

I noticed an issue when you go to Checkout (/checkout/onepage/) and in the Checkout Method page it gives you optipons Checkout as Guest, Register or Sign in if you already registered.... So if a customer has an account and types in his/her email and password and clicks Login In, they DO NOT get logged in. They get redirected to /customer/account/login/ page where can login.

Basically login from the checkout doesn't work. Any ideas how to fix it ??

Have you tried the solution I posted above? I had that exact problem.

I am not sure in which file to include the form-key? and location in the file ?. could you please provide some insight?

For me it was in my custom themes template folder, then /template/persistent/checkout/onepage/form.phtml but it could be different for you depending on your theme. Best thing to do would be enable template hints under configuration->developer in magento admin, that will tell you what file you need to edit.

Thanks so much I am looking right now for the file... Two questions:

1. you mentioned you had to add this form-key in 2 places, what is the other place? Maybe I am missing something.
2. In the file, where exactly did you paste the form-key?

I also had to paste it into my standard login form as well because that also wasn't working, which was at template/persistent/customer/form/login.phtml

I put it directly after the opening <form> tag in both cases.

Big thanks to ADMAN_9000. 
I give details how to approach the LOGIN issue during checkout.. If you are using basic magento checkout, not some 3rd party fancy extension... here are the steps:
Go to: app/design/frontend/default/[themename]/template/persistent/checkout/onepage/login.phtml

Find two lines: <ul class="form-list">
Under both of them add:

DONE!