cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUPEE-8788 preventing site from capturing authorize.net payment

SUPEE-8788 preventing site from capturing authorize.net payment

Hello!

We successfully applied SUPEE-8788 to our 1.9.2.4 store via ssh, but have noticed that it prevents us from being able to invoice/capture payments for orders placed through authorize.net.  Magento gives the error: Gateway error: Credit card number is required.

Site was working fine before the patch, and once we reverted the patch, we could again invoice/capture payments successfully.  

One thing I noticed is that in the admin, when I pull up an order paid with authorize.net, it would normally display the card type and last 4 digits in the "Payment Information" box (pre patch).  After the patch, the card type and last 4 digits are removed and it only shows payment method and currency.  Tested this in our dev and live environments with same results.

Any ideas? I know the patch does address some items in app/code/core/Mage/Paygate/Model/Authorizenet.php  but I'm not technical enough to decipher exactly what.

Any help would be appreciated!

11 REPLIES 11

Re: SUPEE-8788 preventing site from capturing authorize.net payment

One of our clients experienced this same issue. Unfortunately for them, reverting the patch had no effect and we were still unable to capture payments for previously-authorized amounts.

We applied the following workaround:
Under System > Configuration > Sales > Payment Methods, change the Authorize.net "Payment Action" setting from "Authorize Only" to "Authorize and Capture".

This does not fix orders which were authorized but not captured. This change will automatically invoice future orders (which may or may not be ideal, depending on your order processing workflow). At the very least, you'll be able to capture funds for new orders.

@germslearn: I do have a quick follow up question for you, out of curiosity -- 

Does your site have a prefix on its database tables?

@delegator Thanks for the response, I figured others would experience the same issue.  Yeah, we'd prefer to capture when we actually ship, but that would be a good temporary workaround.

No, our database tables don't have prefixes, standard magento naming.

Hopefully this is a bug in the patch that will be addressed in an update.

We were experiencing the same issue using authorize.net after applying this patch. The site would authorize the payment and when you visit the order on the admin side, it would show "Credit or Debit Card, Order was placed using USD". We checked our exception error logs and found a reference to 'Unsupported data type N'.

We found the error referenced and fixed here:

https://gist.github.com/balloz/ceaf5feb5ac66caaa82342441d32aa88

This seems to have fixed the authorization / capture issue as we can now view the payment information in the order on the admin and upon invoicing the order, it does transmit the capture.

I just hope the change referenced above doesn't cause any other issues that we haven't found yet. Hope this will help someone!

We are also facing the same issue. When capturing payment authorize.net gives the error: "Gateway error: Credit card number is required."

I noticed previously our x_type was going as prior_auth_capture in request and was getting successful, while now it's going auth_capture and it fails.

Tried the above solution but that didn't work for us. Anybody got this resolved? This is pretty serious.

Try reverting the v1 patch and apply the v2 patch. This resolved the issue of the CC info missing and just showing "Order was placed using USD"  I'm going to monitor and confirm that the next processed transaction works. 

Background: I encountered this issue too and use Authorize.net

We have a few clients sitting on Magento ver 1.6.0 and 1.6.2 which have the same problem when installing the 8788 patch. They could no longer process credit cards cause Magento wouldn't reach out to the gateway. I see this issue was stated last month. Not being able to process credit cards due to a patch is pretty serious issue that needs to be resolved quickly. Has anyone found any solutions?

I am fetching the same type of problem. Order is not submitting when the Credit Card (Authorize.net Direct Post) payment method is selected from the checkout page. When hit submit to finish the checkout, all it does it keeps loading and nothing happens.  

If anyone is still experiencing issues with this, can you please clarify if you're using v1 or v2 of the patch? It seems reverting SUPEE-8788 v1 and applying SUPEE-8788 v2 has resolved the issue for others: http://magento.stackexchange.com/a/141495/32

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical