cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typo in SUPEE-6788 for Magento 1.5.x - causes problems with uploaded files from custom options

Typo in SUPEE-6788 for Magento 1.5.x - causes problems with uploaded files from custom options

Hi Magento guys

We just discovered the SUPEE-6788 patch for Magento 1.5.x patches the method: Mage_Catalog_Model_Product_Option_Type_File::_getOptionHtml

It replaces this line:

$value = unserialize($optionValue);

with:

$value = Mage::helper('core/unserializeArray')->unserialize($value);

The big problem is, the '$value' variable doesn't exists, it should be '$optionValue'!

I'm afraid you'll have to release a v2 of this patch as soon as possible, as this breaks not being able to download files uploaded through custom options in the backend.

The patches for Magento 1.4 and 1.7 don't seem to be affected by this bug, I didn't check others, I'll assume they are correct, but it might be best to double check this Smiley Happy

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Typo in SUPEE-6788 for Magento 1.5.x - causes problems with uploaded files from custom options

Hi again

Can we get an official response from Magento please?

This is a very obvious bug in the patch and should be resolved in a new version and being communicated to others, no?

Thanks!

Re: Typo in SUPEE-6788 for Magento 1.5.x - causes problems with uploaded files from custom options

Interesting, from my recent waste of time with the 1.9.2.1 version of the same patch it appears these patches are not subject to any form testing or QA.  Since the patch has been out for months and I can find to hint of feedback or resolution I'm guessing this is just a case of an inferior quality product by an inferior quality company.  Perhaps the idea is to buy support or tear down and rebuild your site in the latest version every year?