cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the end of life date for Magento 1.x community edition?

What is the end of life date for Magento 1.x community edition?

I have been trying to find an official source on the end of life for Magento 1.x, specifically the community edition. I've found one reference that specifically says the enterprise edition is 3 years from the 2.x launch, but nothing that mentions the community edition.

What is the end of life date for the community edition of 1.x?

Thanks for reading.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: What is the end of life date for Magento 1.x community edition?

Since the major security patches are in sync on CE and EE, I would surmise that unless there is a major divergence (which there hasn't been yet) between the core function on both, that it will be when EE is sundowned.

BlueBen over on StackExchange or Sherrie might know for sure.

Thanks for the info.

Did you ever find out whether or not Magento 1.x has and end of life? Would really love to know this myself too with Magento 2.x now fully up and running.

Magento has several time announced that they's support their platform at least for three years once M2 is released. Since EE uses CE as a core it only makes sense sense to make all those patches more or less universal (unless they fix EE specific stuff). This is also cheapest way to say that "we care", making people all warm and fuzzy about the platform. So it makes sense also from PR perspective.

What's altogether different thing is the meaning of word "supported". I expect occasional security patch and compatibility fix, but not much more.

Tanel Raja