cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong patch file being downloaded - different file than listed in the download.

Wrong patch file being downloaded - different file than listed in the download.

The file that you are offering for a patch from your download site is mismarked. You are downloading the wrong file from your download site https://www.magentocommerce.com/download.

The problem is that the Security patch 6482 (XSS) for the PATCH_SUPEE-6482_CE_1.5.x is actually this file: PATCH_SUPEE-6482_CE_1.6.0.0_v1-2015-08-03-06-54-52.sh

Try it for yourself and you will see what I am talking about. Please let me know when you have it fixed so I can download the right file. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Wrong patch file being downloaded - different file than listed in the download.

Hi @redqueensoft, that is actually the correct patch file. It covers 1.4.2.0.-1.6.0.0.

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical

Re: Wrong patch file being downloaded - different file than listed in the download.

Then how come it is mismarked and crashed the program?

It is numbered 1.6.0.0 as that is the highest version it applies to, even tho it includes 1.4.2.0 up to 1.6.0.0.

Can you please post any errors you received?

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical

There were no errors. It said the patch installed properly. Then when we went to the site, the home page was blank and the admin page was without formatting - just a list of links that worked, but you couldn't change anything when you went to save the changes. Finally we deleted all of the files and installed a backup. All of this occurred when we installed the PATCH_SUPEE-6482_CE_1.6.0.0_v1-2015-08-03-06-54-52​.sh patch. Since we have installed the other patches that MageReport showed we needed for security purposes we have not had any problems - yet.

Hi @redqueensoft,

You should always install and test patches on development or staging environment If you face issues you should try to find out the reason.Have you installed  all previous patches?

Remember if the core files of your magento has been modified then your patch will not work correctly.

If you have overridden in app/code/local/Mage then you have to do modifications there also.

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

Thanks for the advice. That is what we did. My issue is that the Magento
download website says it is downloading one version of the patch when it
actually downloads the version choice above that choice. All I wanted was
the correct version - the one that was listed on the download website.
Thanks again for your help.