cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.9.2 users can not log into front end

1.9.2 users can not log into front end

I was certain we tested all of this prior to going live but customers are unable to login using the "my account" link or from the checkout page. The "log in" link seems to work but nothing will stay in the cart.

I can still checkout as guest. I found many posts about adding the form-key. I used developer debug to find my login.phtml on my "my account" page. Added the string and cleared cache. Users still cant login. Anyone have any ideas or point me in the right direction?

I recently moved the site to SSL...I have tried changing it back to standard and that does not fix it either.

I also tried turning off persistent cart and that did not fix it. This issue seemed to come about after enabling persistent cart.

I also noticed that if you click the forgot password option and enter an email address of a valid users it just returns you to the page and says "please enter your email"

I tried this as well with no luck. Do the following: Go to System > Configuration > Web Expand Session Cookie Management Set the following: Cookie Path: / Cookie Domain: yoursite.com Use HTTP Only: No

One document I found recommended setting the permissions on /var to 777....not sure if that is a solution or even safe.

13 REPLIES 13

Re: 1.9.2 users can not log into front end

Had the extract problem.

Fixed it by adding the form-key.

Make sure you add the form-key to both persistent and non-persistent files.

Melbourne | Australia - priyan.d@webdesignace.com.au
My Magento 1x Shop

Thanks for your response.  I am not well versed in the magento file structure yet.  I added the form key in:

/app/design/frontend/default/mytheme/template/persistent/customer/form/

Would you might know where else I should modify?  Thanks in advance!

I think i noted down the changes somewhere.. i will post it here.

For now make sure you have the form-key in the right place(as i remember some post had it in a wrong place) and you refresh cache
My Magento 1x Shop

You have the form_key but not in the right place,

Add

<input type="hidden" name="form_key" value="<?php echo Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey(); ?>" />

After,

<ul class=”form-list”>

<h2><?php echo $this->__('Registered Customers') ?></h2>
<p><?php echo $this->__('If you have an account with us, please log in.') ?></p>
<ul class="form-list">
<input type="hidden" name="form_key" value="<?php echo Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey(); ?>" />

/app/design/frontend/default/YOUR-THEME/template/persistent/customer/form/login.phtml about line 49

/app/design/frontend/default/YOUR-THEME/template/persistent/checkout/onepage/login.phtml about line 89

if you do not have those files in under YOUR-THEME structure. Please get a copy of above files from BASE Place them according to the above structure.

My Magento 1x Shop

Thanks for your reply.  The code was in

/app/design/frontend/default/YOUR-THEME/template/persistent/customer/form/login.phtml

under

<ul class="form-list">

I added it to

/app/design/frontend/default/YOUR-THEME/template/persistent/checkout/onepage/login.phtml

cleared cache but it still does the same thing.

This is what it looks like now in the /customer/form

<h2><?php echo $this->__('Registered Customers') ?></h2>
<p><?php echo $this->__('If you have an account with us, please log in.') ?></p>
<ul class="form-list">
<li>
<label for="email" class="required"><em>*</em><?php echo $this->__('Email Address') ?></label>
<div class="input-box">

and in

/persistent/checkout/onepage

<?php echo $this->getBlockHtml('formkey'); ?>
            <h4><?php echo $this->__('Already registered?') ?></h4>
            <p><?php echo $this->__('Please log in below:') ?></p>
            <ul class="form-list">
                <li>
                    <label for="login-email" class="required"><em>*</em><?php echo $this->__('Email Address') ?></label>
                    <div class="input-box">

Please edit the non-persistent files as well..

I can login using Log In in youe website Smiley Happy

My Magento 1x Shop

What would the file location for non-persistant?  I was able to use "log in" but not "my account".  Once logged into "log in" items would not stay in the cart.  If I click checkout and try to log in from there I get the same result as trying to use "my account".

I found one document that said to look in /Theme/template/form.... but I dont have that folder

When I look at template path hints and click on "my account"  the locations that show up are:

frontend/default/theme690/template/page/html/breadcrumbs.phtml

frontend/default/theme690/template/youama/ajaxlogin/ajaxlogin.phtml

frontend/default/theme690/template/persistent/customer/form/login.phtml

I already modified that login.phtml.  Does the ajaxlogin.phtml need to be modified?