cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.9.3 Admin screen - system/configuration link not working

1.9.3 Admin screen - system/configuration link not working

Hi everyone, really hoping someone can help/suggest some solutions!

My Magento install has been stable for a good few months, with no recent admin changes/mods etc.

Went into admin this morning, and attempted to click on system/config link in and although the link appears:

https://www.____.com/index.php/adminurl/system_config/index/key/579a4b198bd9556c5d6313eb21671046/

problem is the page never loads! I just get loading webpage icon in the browser...

If I stop the page loading in the browser (by clicking x), then non of the other admin links (including log out) work....

If however, I just go into admin, I can access all other admin links normally as long as I don't try and click on system/config...

It has been working fine up until this morning, so I was thinking it was a cookie/cache issue?

I have tested in IE11/Edge/Safari

I have gone into ftp, renamed var/cache and var/session so clean ones are created

I have deleted cookies via the webbrowser

Unfortunately that has not resolved.

Any assistance/ideas greatly appreciated!

Many thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Re: 1.9.3 Admin screen - system/configuration link not working

Hi @KRRW,

You should check your browsers console log (to be sure which calls are being made) and also the Magento logs and the webserver error log.

It seems there is a call that never ends (maybe some 3rd-party module is "calling home").