cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

503 Server error after restore

503 Server error after restore

Hi Guys Hope someone can help

My hosting company had to restore my Magento website after a technical issue but now I have a 503 error on certain pages.

I have checked this out and it seems to only affect category pages that have products in them so as soon as i remove the products from that page it is visible in the front end, but put products back in it returns the 503 error again.

The website is:

http://beanbagworld.co.uk/

And it is running Magento ver. 1.9.1.0

I have tried flushing the cache didn't help, Also tried deleting and re creating  the categories but as soon as I add products to any category the error comes back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated  

8 REPLIES 8

Re: 503 Server error after restore

Try to check the webserver error log, also you can activate the Magento logs (system -> configuration -> developer) and check if there is some specific error on system.log or exception.log.

Thanks for the reply!! I will turn on logs in magento and speak to the hosting company to try and get a server error log Any idea what I'm actually looking for?

No idea.  That's why I've suggested to check the logs.

It's clear that isn't a webserver or database issue. Maybe you're call a missed attribute. I don't know.

Ok thanks will have a look

I have got the magento error log but honestly have no idea what it means or how to fix it, can anyone help me?

Any advice on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated as the hosting company have no idea why restoring the site broke it and I can't find anything online that helps me

http://healthforgolf.co.uk/magento-error-log.txt

It seems that you got a custom layout file with a broken node.

You'll need those custom layout xml file to find which one is broken. Fix it and then clean the Magento cache.

Thanks for trying to help

I'm still totally confused though looking at the error log it only refers to .php files and I have looked in the folders of the php files referenced and there are no XML files.

I have managed to find the line number 450 on the /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout/Update.php file which reads:

$fileXml = simplexml_load_string($fileStr, $elementClass);

And line 285 from /app/code/local/Magentothem/Custommenu/Block/Custommenu.php  which reads

if( in_array($child->getId(),$arr_catsid) ){

And line 67 from  /app/code/local/Magentothem/Banner7/Block/Banner7.php which reads

$value = $config['banner7_config'][$att];

Also line 36 from /app/code/local/Magentothem/Featuredproductvertscroller/Block/Featuredproductvertscroller.php which reads

$value = $config['featuredproductvertscroller_config'][$att];

I have checked these against the original install files and they all are exactly the same so I'm really not sure what is going wrong.

I have a feeling I'm probably looking at the completely wrong thing though, never had to try and troubleshoot any problem like this before and think I am totally lost to be honest

Take a look to the second or fourth line of the report.

For example, line 4:

<!--action method="setLogoType"><value>wePrefer_150x60</value>

Can you make a backup of those layout files and then completely remove the commented lines?

The Layout model is telling you that there's a problem when is trying to parse the xml files. Maybe there's some wrong commented line.