cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After loading , mouse click, hover, typing is delayed, how to solve ?

After loading , mouse click, hover, typing is delayed, how to solve ?

Hello,

We are developing multi vendor eCommerce site. And we are end of the project too. But after uploading the categories we have been facing problem of delay response after the complete loading of site. It takes in some system it takes up to 10 sec for hover from one link to another. Average is like 3 sec in some system. We have tried to do enable cache, minify of Java Scripts etc by calculating GT matrix of the site. Now, GT matrix ranking is quite good but that problem remain same to same. Can anyone have some hints in which parts of coding we should take care for to reduce this problem ?

My running beta site is : www.continuetrade.com/beta

Thanks in advance.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: After loading , mouse click, hover, typing is delayed, how to solve ?

I didn't want to spend too much time investigating thus I'm shooting from the hip. I've actually had similar problems of my own while building a web store that sells electronic components.

Basically everything boils down to the number of categories this site has -- and in this business there could be many (we had more than 600 categories and subcategories). If you look your page source then you notice that you have 60k lines which is insane. Since you're apparently using some commercial theme as a base, please note that those often have duplicate menus: top menu, left-side menu and menu for responsive mode. It's not a big deal when you have like 20-30 categories, but with 600+ categories (i.e. 3 x 600+), it slows javascript down to a crawl.

What can you do? Get rid of unnecessary menus, sidebar/responsive menu can be merged (it requires some css wizardry, but it's totally doable). Get rid of unnecessary DOM elements, optimise script (perhaps add some ajax to load stuff as needed). Maybe not all the categories should be displayed at once? There's bunch of things you can try out.

Tanel Raja

Re: After loading , mouse click, hover, typing is delayed, how to solve ?

Hi, Thank you for the reply. I will definitely try all your suggestion. 

Thank you.