cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Samples on Simple Product

Audio Samples on Simple Product

Hello Support Forum,

for a digital product i can add sample music files.

I have a vinyl record store and use sample files.

Can i enable the sample music file option for a simple product?

Any ideas?

Thanks for your request

René

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Audio Samples on Simple Product

It doesn't allow that as such out the box - however a very simple way (without extensions) to do it.. would be to have a folder in your media directory.

e.g. /media/samples/ - upload the samples to there.

And then have an attribute called sample that just takes a filename.. e.g. '1.mp3'

Then in your template something like:

<?php if($sample = $product->getSample()) : ?>
    <a href="<?php echo  Mage::getBaseUrl('media');?>sample/<?php echo $sample;?>">$this->__('Download Sample');</a>
<?php endif; ?>

You could extend the above to check for existence of the file first; allow multiple files etc.. but the above should be a start.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Hi.

Haven't you considered create your digital product of downloadable type, availble in default Magento?

There you can add downloadable samples that users will be able to download before the purchase.

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

Thanks for your answer. But this option is only for digital products. The vinyl is a simple product and i will use the audio sample function on it.

Did you try my suggested solution? That should do exactly what you need.. we often use it for things like PDF attachments etc as well..

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

There are to different things.

I can´t buy a vinyl as a digital prodct. A vinyl is a physical product.

Thats my problem.

You might want to try the HTML5 Audio player plugin from Magento Connect if you have not solved it already 

The music system is awesome.