cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Shopping Cart Price Rule not applied to cart when discount based on shipping method

SOLVED

Automatic Shopping Cart Price Rule not applied to cart when discount based on shipping method

I have set up a shopping cart price rule - without a code for a 10% discount when subtotal is greater than or equal to $30 and shipping method is 'takeout'. This discount gets applied when order is confirmed but doesn't show up on the cart as a coupon discount. When I don't have a condition for shipping  method, it works fine. Any idea how I can get it to show up on the cart as well?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Automatic Shopping Cart Price Rule not applied to cart when discount based on shipping method

Hi @anusha_das 

I have created the same rule in Vanila version of Magento and its work fine at my end.

After creating rule you must need to go at cart page - it will not works on minicart.

Once you go at cart page and select the shipping method on which you have applied the discount then it will showcase the discount on the same.

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Automatic Shopping Cart Price Rule not applied to cart when discount based on shipping method

Hi @anusha_das 

I have created the same rule in Vanila version of Magento and its work fine at my end.

After creating rule you must need to go at cart page - it will not works on minicart.

Once you go at cart page and select the shipping method on which you have applied the discount then it will showcase the discount on the same.

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hello @anusha_das 

As @Manthan Dave suggested, you will need to go on cart page, in estimated shipping, you need to select all the options - select the shipping method - and see updated totals.

On checkout page it must be showing after shipping method selection,

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Thank you @Manthan Dave I realized Im using a mini cart so it wasnt working.