cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATALOG_URL_REWRITE wont reindex please help thank you.

CATALOG_URL_REWRITE wont reindex please help thank you.

Hi everyone,

I have magento running in ver. 1.9.0.1, Whenever I go to the backend panel of my site. in the index management section. The status of Catalog Url Rewrites saids there that it needs reindexing. So the problem is everytime I reindex the catalog url rewrite It will say that processing after a minute, It will display again a status of REINDEX REQUIRED. Can anyone help me what could be the effective solution for my problem. Thank you. Smiley Frustrated

4 REPLIES 4

Re: CATALOG_URL_REWRITE wont reindex please help thank you.

Hello MazeStricks,

You should enable system.log and exception.log to check your Magento site errors.

You also disable some custom extensions and then check what extension causes this issue?

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Hello MrKhoa99,

Thank you for responding MrKhoa99. I will try your answer, I will notify you once My problem is fixed.

Thank you,

MazeStricks

Hello MrKhoa99,

I have managed to solve my problem about reindexing the catalog url rewrites. The solution is, I went to phpmyadmin and go to the table called core_url_rewrite and truncated the table, but before I've done that what I did is I backked up the table and truncated it. It solves the problem.

Thank you,

MazeStricks

Hello MrKhoa99