cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONNECT ERROR: Package not found

CONNECT ERROR: Package not found

Hi,

I'm completely new to Magento, I'm trying to install this template package using Connect Manager, first I got this error when I added key URL to installer:

community/Buzzthemes_Watch_Store_Template: Extension is 'alpha' please check(or change) stability settings on Magento Connect Manager

So I went to Settings and changed prefered state to alpha, and tried installing again, then I got to console output:

Checking dependencies of packages
Starting to download Buzzthemes_Watch_Store_Template-0.1.0-alpha.tgz ...

CONNECT ERROR: Package not found: Buzzthemes_Watch_Store_Template 0.1.0-alpha

Also I've tried this tool for direct download of packages and it is not working either.

Where is the problem please?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: CONNECT ERROR: Package not found

Looks like that module is no longer available.

https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/buzzthemes-watch-store-theme.html

But, instead on Magento marketplace, I've managed to find it directly on vendor site:

http://www.buzzthemes.com/free-themes/watch-store.html

Just add it to cart, register & checkout, and you'll probably got download url.

If this response was helpful to you, consider giving kudos to this post.
If this response solved your problem, click accept as solution to help others solve this issue

Hello, thanks for your reply.

I did as you suggested, but it didn't download manually installable connect package. It looks like whole bundle of different versions, and some other static content, but it is missing completely the package.xml file. If you want to have a look a put whole thing in my dropbox.

How can I install it from this point? Should I try to reconstruct package.xml file, or somehow install it manually through copy paste?

PS: my magento version is 1.9.3.1

Yes, it's missing package.xml and it cannot be automatically installed. But you can easily install it manually by copying files directly.

All you have to do is to copy magento_files/1.9.x/* to your Magento web root. So, app directory goes into app, js into js, skin into js.

Also, there are three additional modules which come with this theme, you can install them too by copying content from:

- add-ons/Magebuzz_Banner

- add-ons/Magebuzz_Productlisting

-add-ons/Magebuzz_ShopByManufacturer

into your Magento web root directory.

And, at the end, there is some demo content which comes with this theme, and you can use it for demo purposes. It's in theme_content directory. In order to use it, you'll have to go to Magento Admin, and there you can create new CMS Pages and CMS blocks, or edit existing. It's enough just to copy/paste content of those .txt files into "content" section, and click save.

If this response was helpful to you, consider giving kudos to this post.
If this response solved your problem, click accept as solution to help others solve this issue