cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cache Types are invalidated: Blocks HTML output

Cache Types are invalidated: Blocks HTML output

Don't know if it is an issue but every morning there is a notification on my Magento;-

"One or more of the Cache Types are invalidated: Blocks HTML output. Click here to go to Cache Management and refresh cache types."

I refresh it and it becomes "Enabled" again.

Been running some tests today - it asks me to refresh the cache after EVERY alteration, change a price or anything on a product, category, whatever and the notice pops up.

I must have refreshed it 20 times today

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Cache Types are invalidated: Blocks HTML output

It's a UI performance enhancement.

Make multiple changes, then refresh afterwards.

Automatically cache refreshing after each change adds time delay to the backend response which annoyed people enough that it got replaced with a single one-time annoyance...

In other news, it's an NBD

Is there way to automate this? I'm not sure what NBD is?

I get this every day when I wake up and sign in on Magento v1.9.2.2 - One or more of the Cache Types are invalidated: Blocks HTML output. Click here to go to Cache Management and refresh cache types.

I never used to get this on earlier versions unless I was actually doing something. Is this some kind of bug?

I have the same problem. I think it started after upgrading to v1.9.2.3. Without changing anything. the status goes to invalid.

I alway have to manualy update the cache management. 

Having the same issue. Driving me nuts!

Any update on this?

Thanks!

It's not an "issue". It means that  content (products, categories, attributes, static blocks, pages, configurations) have been changed. Since there are all kind of observers, bulk changes, non-visual changes, loosely coupled connections and whatnot that are hard and/or impossible to track, the system has two options -- not to care, or let you know that it can't guarantee that cache is 100% valid. Usually you can disregard it and it has no consequences.

Anyway, don't get too excited and remember the (in)famous quote from Phil Karlton: "There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation and naming things."

Tanel Raja

Hi Pronto,

Thanks for replying. I understand that it's not an issue, per say. It's invalidating the cache EVERY night. That's not normal. Nothing has change in our stores which makes it's very hard to believe it's a non issue.

We have exactly the same issue... every morning it needs refreshing even if no changes whatsoever have been made for a month !

Is there a way to identify what block Magento believes could be invalid? Or if not, is it possible to identify if the reason is to do with the cart, stock, pricing or "new" dates etc? Even a clue or hint to look for somewhere in the logs would help!