cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install extensions downloaded via Marketplace via Direct package file upload

Can't install extensions downloaded via Marketplace via Direct package file upload

These extensions will include <channel>9cfa79b48aeb6be02dbc357103a4c7e1</channel> instead of <channel>community</channel> so I am getting this error:

CONNECT ERROR: The '9cfa79b48aeb6be02dbc357103a4c7e1' channel is not installed. Please use the MAGE shell script to install the '9cfa79b48aeb6be02dbc357103a4c7e1' channel.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can't install extensions downloaded via Marketplace via Direct package file upload

Hmm, that's annoying. Magento have removed the pear installation service as far as I'm aware. 

What happens if you try to add the channel? (I'm expecting this to fail):

./mage channel-add 9cfa79b48aeb6be02dbc357103a4c7e1

And am I understanding correctly that the current error is what you get when you run:

./mage install-file package-you-downloaded.1.0.0.tar.gz

If neither of those works, it's probably going to be quickest to unzip it yourself and copy the files into the necessary locations. It should be in a reasonable folder structure to be able to work out where things need to go. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Re: Can't install extensions downloaded via Marketplace via Direct package file upload

Adding the channel will give me this error:

channel-add: Could not resolve host: 9cfa79b48aeb6be02dbc357103a4c7e1

I haven't tried installing extension via ssh,only via the Connect Manager, I would think it would give me the same error though. For the moment I am replacing the string with community within the extensions archive.

I really don't understand why the dropped pear, so much for "extending support time of magento 1.9"

Hi,

a bit late, but found this while searching for a solution and it helped me to find my own.

You can add a channel alias to solve this:

./mage channel-alias community 9cfa79b48aeb6be02dbc357103a4c7e1

After that you should be able to successfully install the module.