cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log In Magento 1.9.2.1 Admin Panel

Can't log In Magento 1.9.2.1 Admin Panel

Hi. I can't log in Magento 1.9.2.1 Admin Panel. I've tried resetting the password directly and nothing. Also when it asks me for my user name and password on the admin panel ive also tried clicking on forgot your password where it asks me for my admin email. I enter it in but i never get an email to reset the password. Please help. what is going on? Im basically locked out of this account.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can't log In Magento 1.9.2.1 Admin Panel

Try to create a new user using following SQL script

LOCK TABLES `admin_role` WRITE , `admin_user` WRITE;

SET @SALT = "rp";
SET @PASS = CONCAT(MD5(CONCAT( @SALT , "password") ), CONCAT(":", @SALT ));
SELECT @EXTRA := MAX(extra) FROM admin_user WHERE extra IS NOT NULL;

INSERT INTO `admin_user` (firstname,lastname,email,username,password,created,lognum,reload_acl_flag,is_active,extra,rp_token_created_at) 
VALUES ('Firstname','Lastname','email@example.com','myuser',@PASS,NOW(),0,0,1,@EXTRA,NOW());

INSERT INTO `admin_role` (parent_id,tree_level,sort_order,role_type,user_id,role_name) 
VALUES (1,2,0,'U',(SELECT user_id FROM admin_user WHERE username = 'myuser'),'Firstname');

UNLOCK TABLES;

Replace myuser with the user name you require and @PASS with the password you want .

Please refer following url for more information

Add Magento Admin User Using MySQL Script

NOTE :

Always apply the latest securiy patches released by Magento to be secure and do not use default admin usrl for the Magento admin section

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

I've moved your topic to the Technical Issues section of Magento 1.x as you posted in the Magento 2.x section. 

@rushpaintball Could you confirm that the solution is working for you or not? If yes please accept the answer.

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

This just happened to me yesterday. I have been wondering if it could be that our PHP is 5.3, which isn't the most up to date. However, it just spontaneously said incorrect password and won't send an email to the master email. I am not sure how to work this SQL, but I will be sure to look into SQL. Thanks.