cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't retrieve entity config: core/store_group & No input file specified.

SOLVED

Can't retrieve entity config: core/store_group & No input file specified.

I have an install of Magento 1.3.3.0 hosted on GoDaddy shared hosting. It was running fine on PHP v.5.3, but PHP was upgraded to v5.4. Now I am getting the following errors:

Admin: Show's the login box. When I successfully login I get:   No input file specified.

Frontend: 

Can't retrieve entity config: core/store_group
Trace:
#0 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource.php(144): Mage::throwException('Can't retrieve ...')
#1 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Abstract.php(235): Mage_Core_Model_Resource->getTableName('core/store_grou...')
#2 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Abstract.php(218): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Abstract->getTable('store_group')
#3 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Collection/Abstract.php(83): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Abstract->getMainTable()
#4 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Collection/Abstract.php(69): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Collection_Abstract->_initSelect()
#5 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(1086): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Collection_Abstract->__construct(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Store_Group))
#6 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(1119): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getModelInstance('core_mysql4/sto...', Object(Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Store_Group))
#7 /app/Mage.php(347): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getResourceModelInstance('core/store_grou...', Object(Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Store_Group))
#8 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(200): Mage::getResourceModel('core/store_grou...', Object(Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Store_Group))
#9 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(205): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->getResourceCollection()
#10 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(408): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->getCollection()
#11 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(268): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initStores()
#12 /app/Mage.php(434): Mage_Core_Model_App->init('', 'store', Array)
#13 /app/Mage.php(455): Mage::app('', 'store', Array)
#14 /index.php(65): Mage::run()
#15 {main}             

What can I do to resolve these errors? I've already tried many possible solutions from the interwebs. The two that gave me different results (the best results and one's I've posted above) are:

Download the magento version 1.7.0.0 and replaced current lib/Varien/SimpleXML with the one from this version. The error was due to outdated SimpleXML library that is not compatible with php 5.4.

1) /lib/Varien/Object.php (Line 484)
replace __toString
with __invoke

2) /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Request/Http.php (Line 274)
replace split
with explode

3) app/code/core/Mage/Admin/Model/User.php (Line 374)
replace split
with explode

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't retrieve entity config: core/store_group & No input file specified.

Update:

Applying both those fixes, emptying /var/cache and then switching PHP to 5.6 and back to 5.4 seemed to have fixed it! I'm guess the switch between 5.6 to 5.4 rebooted the xampp stack and that was the final needed issue. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Can't retrieve entity config: core/store_group & No input file specified.

Update:

Applying both those fixes, emptying /var/cache and then switching PHP to 5.6 and back to 5.4 seemed to have fixed it! I'm guess the switch between 5.6 to 5.4 rebooted the xampp stack and that was the final needed issue.