cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access Manage Categories in admin. Source model not found for attribute error.

Cannot access Manage Categories in admin. Source model not found for attribute error.

Hi,

We had an issue with an old instance and basically our SSH root was corrupt and we couldn't upgrade any longer. So, I took a database backup and installed it on a fresh installation. I then added our new theme, and everything seemingly works fine but when I try to access the Manage Categories area in admin. I get the error pasted at the end of this post.

It looks like it is basically looking for something from our old theme, which in retrospect, perhaps I should've reverted to the default Magento theme before doing the DB backup I used to restore on this fresh instance, but live and learn.

To remedy the issue I did the following:

1. Deleted the record looking for the attribute ico_page_heading_textalign in the database. That did nothing.D
  2. Deleted all records referring to Atelier, our old theme. That took the whole darn thing down Smiley Happy
  3. Restored the whole site to before I started this exercise.
  4. Uploaded all the files/folder (named Icotheme) from my old theme into the app>code>local folder, including the file from the error. Here is the error:

a:5:{i:0;s:126:"Source model "icotheme/system_config_source_category_attribute_textalign" not found for attribute "ico_page_heading_textalign"";i:1;s:4538:"#0 /var/www/html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Attribute/Abstract.php(390): Mage::exception('Mage_Eav', 'Source model "i...')

I still can't access the Manage Categories so I am hoping someone here can help!

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Cannot access Manage Categories in admin. Source model not found for attribute error.