cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot type "%" in order notes

Cannot type "%" in order notes

I've recently upgraded to version 1.9 and I've discovered an issue while entered order notes. Whenever you enter a note containing the character "%" and submit the note, the entire note shows up blank. You are able to type out the word "percent." Is this a bug that can be fixed? Or does magento 1.9 not recoginze the "%" character.... ?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Cannot type "%" in order notes

Hi,

Are you referring to entering notes from the Sales > Order screen in the admin or somewhere else?

I've just tested that process on a base 1.9.2.1 install and it appears to work fine for me.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Hi! Thanks for your response. Yep, under Sales > Orders in the backend. If I open any customer order and try to enter notes that contain the "%" character, the note shows up as blank. 

Hi,

AS I mentioned - this isn't default behaviour. Do you have a dev site you could test the site on?

Do you have any/many extensions on your site?

If it was me - I would disabled all extensions - test it - hopefully it works; then re-enabled them one by one.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Much appreciated, thank you!