cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkout Process Stuck on Step 4 - Magento 1.7

Checkout Process Stuck on Step 4 - Magento 1.7

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help. I am running Magento 1.7 up until last week it all worked perfectly. But i have now noticed that the checkout process seems to have broken. When you try to click 'continue' on the payment information stage of the checkout, it shows loading but then brings me back to the same payment information section. As far as im aware no files have been changed on the website, so i'm very confused as to why this has happened. I have also looked in the console and there are no errors showing.

I hope someone can help me get to the bottom of this issue.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Checkout Process Stuck on Step 4 - Magento 1.7

Hi @openretail,

Can you check Magento's logs? (system.log and exception.log).

Also you should check your webserver error log too.

Which payment methods are you using? Is this happening always?

Can you try with CheckMoney order?

Hi,

Yes it is always happening i have PayPal and SagePay enabled. Both dont work, but also i tired check money order which also doesnt work. So im not sure its actually to do with the payment method.

In the exception log i have this:

2017-11-02T08:39:41+00:00 ERR (3):
exception 'Mage_Core_Exception' with message 'Invalid block type: MST_Productlabels_Block_Css' in /home/wgc/public_html/app/Mage.php:594
Stack trace:
#0 /home/wgc/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(495): Mage::throwException('Invalid block t...')
#1 /home/wgc/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(437): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_getBlockInstance('productlabels/c...', Array)
#2 /home/wgc/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(472): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->createBlock('productlabels/c...', 'labels.css')
#3 /home/wgc/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(239): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->addBlock('productlabels/c...', 'labels.css')
#4 /home/wgc/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(205): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_generateBlock(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#5 /home/wgc/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(210): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#6 /home/wgc/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(344): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks()
#7 /home/wgc/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/controllers/CategoryController.php(146): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->generateLayoutBlocks()
#8 /home/wgc/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(419): Mage_Catalog_CategoryController->viewAction()
#9 /home/wgc/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('view')
#10 /home/wgc/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#11 /home/wgc/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(354): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#12 /home/wgc/public_html/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#13 /home/wgc/public_html/index.php(97): Mage::run('', 'store')
#14 {main}

And this in the system log:

2017-11-02T08:15:07+00:00 ERR (3): Deprecated functionality: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.internal_encoding is deprecated in /home/wgc/public_html/lib/Zend/Validate/Hostname.php on line 521
2017-11-02T08:15:07+00:00 ERR (3): Deprecated functionality: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.internal_encoding is deprecated in /home/wgc/public_html/lib/Zend/Validate/Hostname.php on line 617
2017-11-02T08:15:07+00:00 ERR (3): Deprecated functionality: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.internal_encoding is deprecated in /home/wgc/public_html/lib/Zend/Validate/Hostname.php on line 521
2017-11-02T08:15:07+00:00 ERR (3): Deprecated functionality: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.internal_encoding is deprecated in /home/wgc/public_html/lib/Zend/Validate/Hostname.php on line 617
2017-11-02T08:15:18+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: strpos(): Empty needle in /home/wgc/public_html/lib/Zend/Controller/Request/Http.php on line 504
2017-11-02T08:15:18+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: strpos(): Empty needle in /home/wgc/public_html/lib/Zend/Controller/Request/Http.php on line 510
2017-11-02T08:15:18+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wgc/public_html/app/code/local/Amasty/Feed/Model/Observer.php:50) in /home/wgc/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php on line 123
2017-11-02T08:15:18+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/wgc/public_html/app/code/local/Amasty/Feed/Model/Observer.php:50) in /home/wgc/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php on line 123
2017-11-02T08:22:45+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/wgc/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Captcha/Model/Observer.php on line 166
2017-11-02T08:26:33+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/wgc/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Captcha/Model/Observer.php on line 166
2017-11-02T08:32:16+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/wgc/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Captcha/Model/Observer.php on line 166

There are no recent erros in the server log.

Thanks

Hi @openretail,

You have an error with blocks in the first log.

That should be easy to fix.

At system.log there are some errors that, I guess, can be realted with the PHP version.

Can you share which version are you using currently?

Its PHP version 5.6

Thanks

Magento 1.7 doesn't support PHP 5.6 out-of-the-box. I don't remember the small details right now but you could fidn some issues because the PHP version.

Mostly, the Zend Framework version could be the major problem.

Did you upgraded some part of your stack lately?

Hi,

No this is the weird thing, the site has always ran on PHP 5.6 and i havn't performed any upgrades. it was working fine a couple of weeks ago. I even got my hosting company to restore all the files to before it was working. and this still didnt fix the problem. They didnt restore SQL databases though.

Thanks